.458 Socom

Discussion in 'Feral Pig Hunting' started by 70worm, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Rounds just showed up at my door today. Now if the Rock River would just get my gun built.

Attached Files:

Steve likes this.

2. S-weet. If the gun misfires, you can pull out a round and just throw it at the deer.:D

If you don't plan on reloading, get used to counting in your head, every time you pull the trigger, $3, $6, $9, $12, $15, $18, $21... Kinda took the fun out of it for me.

But it got me into reloading in a hurry. My .458 is now my favorite gun to shoot.

3. I'm goning to get a rock chucker press eventually. I heard of guys reusing brass 12 times because the pressure on the 458 is so low you get alot of life out of your brass.

4. Not sure of the sporting applications for this, but it's interesting ammo anyways...

Underwood Ammo Test

5. Finally came in yesterday.

Attached Files:

6. A hunting buddy has one & his jams real bad. I hope yours is not that bad.
    I was going to buy one but after seeing his problem I went with a AR pistol in .300 AAC Blackout for deer. It is light easy to carry & dead accurate out to about 150yds.

7. My mid-length .458 was a jam-o-matic when I got it. RRA supplied the upper with 2 different recoil springs. The thing wouldn't reliably cycle with either. Installed a standard 5.56 spring, much better. The chambers on RRAs are also notoriously tight which doesn't help. Several hundred rounds through mine now and the only problem I still have is that occasionally the bolt doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

8. Well it's got problems. They forgot to polish the feed ramp and chamber. I sent it back to be fixed. It makes really big holes though.

Attached Files:

9. [​IMG]

I'm almost finished with Hog Canon.

Rio_Grande, seasonstoshort and Steve like this.
  10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lucid L7 scope with Larue mount.

11. How do you like the scope? I still want a .458 but I am going to have to get it a piece at a time.

12. I haven't got to shoot with the scope yet. I like the reticle a lot.