close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lab breeder help

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by GR410, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a lab puppy soon and was wondering if anyone has any breeder referrals?

Thank you

2. I think Bill Cox at Labs Unlimited has a litter now. He always has good litters and clean healthy bloodlines. He's in northern part of Indiana.

3. Avoid any litter that does not present health certificates for both sire and dam, It all comes down to you get what you pay for. Another place to check is a Forum called RTF. Retriever training forum has a classified section for puppies, and requires the minimum health clearances to post. It is a great place to learn about bloodlines, capabilities of sire / dam, and much more. Most are perforance level field trial and hunt test dogs, but they also hunt like you can't imagine.
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Classifieds-Lab-Puppies

4. Blind faith retrievers, bill butikus. He's in Illinois, but he and his wife Marcia are great people and their labs are top shelf, I have a dog from them and he is fantastic.

5. I'll agree with that. I too have a BFR dog, out of Morgan. Bill and Marcia are great people.

6. Rush Creek Kennels in west central Indiana (Tangier, IN). Call Shane Divine at (765)366-2232.

7. I would suggest Jeff Swackhamer with Orion Labrador Retrievers, 765-412-2661.(website:http://www.orionlabradors.com/). He's located in Frankfort Indiana. I bought my black lab from him 4 years ago and am very pleased. His dogs are all top of the line. Probably one of the most thorough breeders I have ever dealt with. Stand up guy in my opinion.

8. Chris is amazing. She has amazing dogs. I personally know 3 people with dogs from her and my boy in my pic is going there for schooling

9. We just put our money down on one at labs unlimited. He has some beautiful pups. They have 2 litters, One all black and the other black and yellow. We are able to pick out up in the weeekend of the 18th.

10. I was at Labs Unlimited this afternoon and had a long discussion with Bill. He is an expert on labs and really seems to care about his dogs. Everything I read about him is positive.
    Most likely I will be dropping a deposit off this week for a pup.

11. Man why you wanna be tripping over a lab for the next 12 years get a mean ass chessy that hangs out in the corner and out of the way.