Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Thanksgiving Buck (my first!)

823 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Mgtodd 
#1 ·
Well unfortunatly I didn't have my camera with me (wasn't expecting to get anything) so the only pics I have are on my cell and I don't know how to get them off.
Anyway, I have only lived in Indiana for 2 years and didn't get a chance to hunt last year. Due to work and other engagements Thanksgiving was my first (and probably only day) I was going to get to go out. I got in the stand by 5am on my inlaws property in Newton County (we only hunt 50 acres) and bunkered down waiting for dawn. Once dawn approached I was soaked, cold and hated life (thinking I was the worst hunter ever). I watched for over an hour and saw nothing. I told myself that if I didn't see anything by 8 or so I was going back to the truck to sleep and sulk.
Low and behold, at 7:15am an 8 point buck came walking out of the woods to my left in all of his glory. As I grabbed the shotgun he decided to take the path directly in front of my stand and gave me a perfect shot at 25 yards. I hit him with a vitalshok 20g slug directly behind the shoulder. He jumped and ran for about 40ft and dropped! I am still on cloud nine because my freezer was getting low and I was really needing more meat. I was hoping for a doe or anything for meat and ended up getting a nice buck for my first Indiana Deer!!!!

#2 ·
CONGRATS!

can you send the pics from your phone to your email? then to a photobucket account

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.