close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ThanksGiving Buck !

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Charley_62, Nov 25, 2016.

1. I have been deer hunting on Thanksgiving since I was 10 years Old, My Dad always took me and I fell in love with it. I was blessed to have him as a father and a mentor. My dad pasted away several years ago from cancer but I always think of him during this Holiday and all he taught me. Yesterday I was blessed to take this Buck and I though to myself "Thanks Dad" ! It's not the biggest Buck I;ve took but has a 21-1/2 inch inside spread 11 points with a sideways drop tine and giant body dressing out at 200 pounds. still pretty heavy for chasing Doe's for the last month. All Thanks to GOD.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Awesome buck and even better story!
    Both of my parents are gone and like you said,holidays bring back memories.

Charley_62 likes this.
  3. Nice Buck and a nice thought about your father. I think of mine every time I am in the woods whether hunting or just going for a walk, we did both for a lot of years together.

4. Congratulations! I love to hear the story's like this. I am fortunate to still have my parents but it was my grandfather who got my hooked on hunting and not a day goes by in the woods I don't think he's right there with me.

Charley_62 likes this.
  5. He's a brute, you should be very proud!
    Your dad is looking down and smiling!

Charley_62 likes this.
  6. Great deer and story to go along with it...I bet pops was smiling when that one fell...

Charley_62 likes this.
  7. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

That's a real beauty and a great tribute to your Dad.

Charley_62 likes this.
  8. Great buck Charley, that is awesome! Nice story too, I love hunting thanksgiving weekend as well. Congrats on an awesome buck!

Charley_62 likes this.