close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

07-08 firearms season

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by buckmaster, Jul 3, 2007.

1. hey yall i got a question about the 07-08 firearms season. it says that hunters can carry more than one type of of legal firearm during that season. is sthis true because in seasons past that was illegal

2. I have not read this years regulations but I am under the impression that what you are saying is true. You can now carry a handgun along with any other type of legal weapon. I've read or been told this several times. I heard a guy at Gander Mountain say that during shotgun season last year he used his .41 to shoot a doe that was right under his stand instead of his shotgun.

3. That's right you can carry a handgun and your shotgun at the same time.

4. If you have the proper permit, and it is legal [handgun rules] for the season.

5. its been legal to carry a shotgun and ML at same time i know.. not sure on the handgun

6. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

how about throwing stars?

7. Legal Firearms

Buckmaster, it has been legal for many years to carry more than one type of firearm into the field while hunting whitetail. This only applies to firearms season though and does not include archery or muzzle loader season. At least I hope it is. I've been doing it for years, depending where I am hunting. Obviously, some places are more suitable for range others for a heavy hitter in cover or vegitation with limited range and others allow for both.
    I think you've gotten or read the 07-08 hunting and trapping guide, last years reads the same as does the prior years. Options are allways nice and the laws provide us with a good one here. Love to handgun but nothing beats the reliablility of "ol rusty" for the knock down power.
    Good Luck this season!

8. Yes during firearms you may carry multiple shotguns, handguns, and muzzleloaders in the field, so long as they are all legal deer hunting calibers. It's been that way for many years.

9. Absolutely correct. But to expand on this, you may now carry a handgun during all seasons (even archery deer), but may not use it in the taking of an animal unless it is a legal handgun during the correct season. Otherwise, it is just for personal protection.

10. personal protection.... ha... yea!! case the boogy man?? ooooo sasquatch!!?? :)

11. But the big buck jump out and try to hurt me.;)

12. can you carry a shotgun and a bow during firearms season?

13. Nope. But now you can carry a handgun and bow at the same time. Go figure the logic on that one ... :confused: