close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

20-50% off of clearance firearms at Gander Mtn..

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by KBacon, Jan 10, 2007.

1. The Castleton and Greenwood Gander Mtn stores will be having a 20-50% off of clearance firearms. This includes rifles, shotguns, and pistols. They will be transferring in 200+ guns from stores across the country to each store.
    It's going to be the weekend of Jan the 20 + 21 I believe.. might start the 19th.. but I'm not positive.. I'll post when I know for sure.
    Just figured that you guys might want a heads up on this one?

2. Sale started today.
    They have sold about 100 guns so far I was told at Castleton.

3. Got a couple of good deals on a couple of shotguns today at the Greenwood store.....................Thanks again KBacon.

4. I've been looking at the sivler reserve from mossberg. Anyone seen them or have any comments on them?

5. My buddy won one (Mossberg) at the Grouse Society Banquet in August and used it exclusively this year. Nice enough gun. I mean it's not a Silver Pigeon but it is functional. However, he doesn't shoot nearly as well as his SKB O/U. JMHO

Jack

6. I went down to check it out.
    What few guns I was interested in were $10-30 off normal price. . . . .?
    Yeah, drastic clearance sale.
    lol
    Of course, if you spent $399.97, you got another $50 off.
    And if you spent over $1,000 you got a $100 off.
    And if you put it on a new gander mt credit card, you got another 5% off.

So, if you wanted a more pricey gun, and had to use a credit card to buy it because you couldn't really afford it to start with. . . . .:rolleyes:
    You might 'save' a dollar or two.
    I did not see any of the advertised '40%' off guns.

Ah well, I need another gun about as much as I need to see a gynecologist.

:biggrin:

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I went to the Ft. Wayne Gander to look at the Mossberg Silver Reserve 28 gauge...475.00. I thought it felt clunky...decided on a Baikal sxs 28 for under 300.00...the more I look at it and the more I read about them, I'm sure I made the correct decision.....

8. Isn't the baikal the same as the new Remington spartan- looks like a good solid gun. :)

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Yes, they're the same gun....except the Spartan (Remington) can be 100.00 more just for carrying the name.

So I suggest if someone is interested in the Spartan, find the Baikal...it will be less expensive.

10. Yeah.. it didn't turn out quite like they told us it would the first few days of the sale. And I apologize for that... Most of the guns were already below cost with $50 off any gun $299 -999 (not 399+)... and any gun over $1000 was $100 off. If you found a gun that you liked and tried to wheel and deal.. they gave additional $$$ off. And guns below $299 were roughly 10% off.. and all used guns were 10% off or $50 off (299+ used clearance) whichever was higher.

Sunday was the day to be there... they were giving larger discounts to try and move what was left. Had one guy buy 11 guns.. with over 1/2 of them being $800+.

Personally I only found a few guns that interested me.. and I picked up a nice Remington 700 LVSS with fluted barrel in .22-250.. for a great price.. And employees didn't get any better deals than the public... and for the most part the public was getting better deals than they would give the employees.

Had the NWTF down there picking up several guns.. because it was cheaper than what they could get them for directly from the factory w/ the NWTF discount.

All in all we sold a bunch of guns... Sorry if you didn't find the deals that you were looking for. I don't want anyone to think that I was trying to mislead anyone.. I was just trying to let you guys know about this event.. and hope you could find some deals.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  11. Yes, it was $299.97, not 399. Typo, my bad.
    And I was not implying you were misleading anyone.
    But when most of the guns I looked at were $10-30 off normal price, that isn't much of a bargain.
    I spent that much in gas to get there.
    And there may have been great deals on guns in the high end, who knows.
    I don't have a 'high end' wallet.
    Now, if they had even had anything in a 480 ruger, 500 s&w or 475 linebaugh, even a small discount might have made a sale.