close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2006 big buck contest

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by FINS&GRINS, Aug 21, 2006.

1. since things seem to take awhile to get going on this site, bow season is just around the corner, what about a big buck contest for this year . how about some ideas on how it should go with rules, we do have some fine scorers with us who could verify scores, also biggest doe contest, how about some ideas!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

2. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Sounds good to me. I could create two new categories in the photo gallery one for bucks, one for does. People can rate (you only get one chance to rate) the pictures and the winner of the buck and doe categories will be picked by poplular choice. How does that sound? Maybe we can rustle up a few little prizes from some sport shops in Indiana who would like some publicity.

3. I SAY THE WINNERS BUY THE LOSERS OBR HATS IF YOU WANT THE PRAISE YOU MUST PAYS!!!! EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE IS A LITTLE BACKWARDS ANYWAY IF YOU WIN IT COST YOU :evilsmile :evilsmile

4. I'd suggest

5 points for a doe

5 points buck

1 point each point on the buck over one inch

-5 points for a button buck

Guys who kill bucks on urban military or park hunts just have a lucky "opportunity"

All we need is the honesty should a person kill a button buck.

5. sounds good

6. Lets just go strictly on voting, that whole point system is over used..:tongue:
    Whoever gets the biggest amount of votes in the photo gallery for biggest buck of the year wins. THe doe can be by honest poundage. Include your photo of the doe and a caption giving its Field Dressed weight. I think we can trust almost everyone here so that shouldnt be a problem. Dean im gonna need to see a picture of your doe on the scale. ha:cwm27: Talk with you guys later its back to work for me

7. I agree. Let the photo decide for the largest buck and if you want to include your total antler score by an official scorer even better. No other way to score a doe other than body weight......

8. scarlet dew wouldnt have a chance here,he's known for killing button bucks. he may score -15 :cool: :tongue: :corkysm55

9. I have seen his "trophy wall".........button bucks galore!!:evilsmile
    Hey Dew show us a picture of your button buck collection.......Dew it, Dew it:chicken:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  10. I've seen "The Wall" too...they aren't all button bucks; he has some scrubby basket racks up there as well.:evil:

11. maybe I confused ......

I was suggesting 5 points for a buck and an additional point for each point over 1".

A guy kills a fork horn he gets 5 points plus 4....... guy kills a 10 point.... 5 points plus 10.

I did not mean to score deer just 1 extra point for scorable point on a buck. Buck minimum would be 7 points....... For those spike shooters......hey Dean???

12. So, have you guys decided what my prize is going to be??????:corkysm55

13. I thought it would be cool to have teams! People could sign up and get selected to a team. Deer can be counted on a point system like does 5 and bucks 20. Just an idea:)