Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
I will be there from open to close each day, stop by the IDHA booth introduce yourself and ask for Joe Bacon.

there will be some suprises at the show this year!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got sentenced to the Home Show (starting Jan. 27) for 11 straight days. I am sure I will be sick of the fairgrounds by the time the BST show kicks off.

I go just about every year, and just about every year I say, "I'm not going back".....may jjust take a ride to Clarksville (Bass Pro) instead of doing the Renfro show.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you know something, let us know. Because if you dont we'll hunt you down and give you an atomic wedgie.

Im going to see my most favorite hunter in the whole world.
Roger Raglin!!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Sat. morning with JB

O.K., Saturday morning with JB. I sure hope it is worth it. Raglin is the man, I hope one day to be half the big buck slayer that guy is.

Eric

·
Registered
255 Posts
CambyGSP said:
I got sentenced to the Home Show (starting Jan. 27) for 11 straight days. I am sure I will be sick of the fairgrounds by the time the BST show kicks off.

I go just about every year, and just about every year I say, "I'm not going back".....may jjust take a ride to Clarksville (Bass Pro) instead of doing the Renfro show.
So, what are you doing at the Home show for that period of time?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I`ll Be Their With My Buddies As Always. I Would Like To See The Deer And Turkey Portion Expanded And Run Longer. I Want More Hunting Related Exibits, Less Boats And Campers, Anybody Else Feel The Same.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I wish that it would run longer, especially since the fishing seminars have su*ked the past few years. Hell one year, Kevin Van Dam, Davy Hite, Larry Nixon all spoke at the Boat Sport and Travel Show.

Anyways, will anyone be scoring deer at the Expo in a couple of weeks? Who are the slated speakers at some of the seminars?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Im going to be there the first night, cant attend on Saturday, should be a good time. This will be my first trip down there. I wonder if this "surprise" has anything to do with a certain buck shot in this state this past season???

·
Registered
942 Posts
suprise"S" plural.........

I'm going to post here a post from another site, if the administrator does not agree with the content please feel free to remove it.

I was asked about the Morgantown buck..........

Reply:

I'll be honest with you folks:

The owner(s) of this deer have had it!

They have been battered by rumors of it being an illegal kill, TOTALLY untrue! They have been barraged by writers and others wanting to represent them. They have had calls wanting to purchase the rack.

I don't know what will happen I had phone numbers to contact the owner, now they have been canceled and are unlisted.

My belief is the deer will be scored at some time soon then sold and we Hoosiers will never see it again.

I have taken a great deal of heat for pulling the threads from this site when rumor had it the deer was an illegal kill. Look at what the rumors contributed, look at the sites that allowed it to happen and those people who perpetuated the rumors. Then decide was the rumor mongering worth it?

A potential State record or more gone into seclusion, all because of rumors that damaged a families reputation.

I'm truely embarrassed for what happened in the name of "sportsmen". I had a part in it as I posted the initial story.

I have learned a lesson from it..... it wont happen again.

I hope one day we can see a picture and a story.

Members of this geat site:

The hunter nor his father deserved the crap they received, it is sad that we no longer can kill a great deer and not be accused of it being illegal.

PLEASE, PLEASE remember this the next time such an event happens. Also remember the sites and people who allowed it to perpetuate.......

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
BULL CHIT Don't start THAT. say it not TRUE:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Thanks for the info, JB. That is too bad for everyone that was interested. Maybe the father shouldn't have let the pictures out. I have a hard time feeling sorry for them or caring about it anymore. I hope he gets twenty grand or so for the rack (and gets a nice replica done) and we can all go see it at a museum. Eric

1 - 20 of 22 Posts