Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prices for the 2006 licenses have been released. 2005 and 2006 prices are listed.

Resident Hunting
2005-14.25 2006-17.00

Resident Fishing
2005-14.25 2006-17.00

Resident One-Day Fishing
2005-7.00 2006-9.00

Resident Hunting & Fishing
2005-20.75 2006-25.00

Resident Annual Trapping
2005-14.00 2006-17.00

Resident Spring & Fall Turkey
2005-23.00 2006-25.00

Resident Youth Hunt/Fish
2005-7.00 2006-7.00

Non-Resident Hunting
2005-60.75 2006-80.00

Non-Resident Fishing
2005-25.75 2006-35.00

Non-Resident 7 Day Fishing
2005-12.75 2006-20.00

Non-Resident 5 Day Hunting
2005-25.75 2006-31.00

Non-Resident Annual Trapping
2005-114.75 2006-140.00

Non-Resident Turkey
2005-114.75 2006-120.00

Trout/Salmon Stamp
2005-9.25 2006-11.00

2005 Licenses and stamps have had their expiration dates extended to March 31, 2006. Licenses can be purchased online a www.indianaoutdoor.in.gov
Fall Turkey and Deer Licenses will be available later in 2006.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Ltl

Count your blessings Goggle!!! I missed getting mine by a few days. I thought I had read, or heard that it was going to be on sale through July, but when I called after the fourth they told me the bad news.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
ltl

Maybe Mitch and Kyle will need some quick cash and run a "you missed it the first time special". I somehow managed to find the jack for the lifetime hunting first time around.

Eric

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im glad I have a lifetime license...I got mine when they cost....ummm...they were....ummm.....Oh wait, they were free, my girlfriend bought them for me. Lucky me.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'm still :banghead3 because I screwed around and didn't get my LL. And now the annuals keep on climin' %$*&#@. Maybe they couldn't post the deer tag $ yet because they didn't want to give us too much sticker shot all at once. :bash:

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
For the outdoor time we get even the new fees are a bargain. Somebody has to pay for research and enforcement. I still have to buy a fishing license.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
LTL update

This is a link that I posted a few weeks ago to give those of us without a LTL that there is a bill in the House of Representatives in the current legislative session, that would bring the LTL back.
http://www.indianasportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1286

I would like to see those of us that do not have a LTL as well as those of you who do, please contact your state elected officials to let them know that you support this bill.

·
Registered
89 Posts
aint that the truth a good friend of mine already got his and now he really loves it because after i cant hunt on a yl i am going to be paying out my ass for tags.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've been told by a very high ranking IDNR employee that this bill will go nowhere.Not too many pols will vote for this when they voted to eliminate it last year.

One thing that will be looked at in the future is a yearly "Sportsman's License" (like Kentucky has) that will cover all licenses and tags like the Lifetime License, only it would have to be bought yearly.

That could be a savings to hunters that hunt everything.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
CNS...I would be for the Sportsman License if the LL never comes back.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about the selling of the toll road here in northern Indiana. One person called in and stated that on some other issue last year, she wrote to her elected official and stated her case on whatever it was. She then followed up with it and found out that of all the constituents in the district, the elected official had only been contacted 6 times with opinions. That means that that elected official was making a decision based on input from only 6 people. If we all were to contact our own elected officials, then maybe this will go somewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OKAY...someone please explain to me the sense of this.

If the stae DNR biologists say that there are too many deer in some areas, why increase the cost of hunting these deer? I would think that they would wish to keep it as cheap as possible to keep up the ability of people to afford multiple tags.
If I am attempting to sell something...I don't want to increase the price and reduce the demand on my product. Could it be that the state legislators are really more interested in increasing the amount of cash they get from us than in keeping our hunting heritage intact? Or, could it be that they figure that if they keep raising the price in small amounts they can cause it to become too expensive for many people, thus removing them from the woods, and possibly from the list of firearm owners?
As it is now, there are many days that I enter the woods with one of my children armed with nothing but a skinning knife and a pair of binoculars just so they can shoot the does and we can afford to fill the freezer this year. The trouble with this system is that they don't stay 14 forever...
Where is this going to end???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts