close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2007 Trail Cams

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Main Beam, May 1, 2007.

1. Looking forward to your report. If it does what it claims for $99, then I'll be buying 3 or 4 for this year.

That thing has better specs than my Leaf River.

2. $99...sounds like alot of camera for $99...

I know what will be on my wish list if I ever get a job...haha

3. I ordered it from BassPro. Cableas won't have them in for another 3-4 weeks. They said I should have mine by the 15th. Smokey Z and I will test it to its limits.......maybe '07 will be the year Scarlet Dew gets digital with it!!

4. Takes 6 D cell batteries, thats a good indication its a power hog.

5. Not necessarily. My Leaf River takes 4 D & 3C batteries. That thing will last around 3 months taking hundreds of pictures.

6. You pups know that "Old School" rules...........This will be year #5 for my 35mm cameras..........you know.........the "Stealth Cam"............the ones you and Smokey Z are constantly pestering me about at lunches to see all the Big Buck pics my "junker camera" takes pics of.........the ones I DON'T return at the end of the year due to Digital "malfunction" or "poor flash" or "stuck in sleep mode"....... issues I lose count on each year.

"Show me the Proof"............and I may reluctantly put down my (8) 35mm cameras for the price of (2) Digitals.

Just remember gang..............Reliability and Mulitiple Coverage Locations RULE in the world of trail cam's to help you shoot a big buck.

(Don't get me started Main Beam) :biggrin:

7. 60 days on non-rechargeables..........buy rechargeables with the 6V solar panel, no need for any battery change. You have to admit Commando that IF this thing is close to a 1 sec. trigger time it WILL BE the cats a$$.

A 45ft flash........4.0MP........hopefully a trigger @ 1 sec.....for $99!!
    No other camera on the market has what this offers for $99....not Cudde or any homebrew. ​

8. SCARLET, I`M LIKE YOU, I HAVEN`T BIT ON THE DIGITALS YET. I JUST CAN NOT SEE PAYING $300-400.00 FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU STRAP ON A TREE, ONLY TO BE STOLEN. IF SOMEONE STEALS MY $40.00, 35MM, IT`S NOT THAT BIG A LOSS. PLUS YOU CAN BUY MANY MORE AND COVER MORE AREAS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE DIGITAL.

I MIGHT CONSIDER PAYING $99.00 FOR THE CAMERA ABOVE, BUT I WANT TO HEAR A FIELD TEST REPORT FIRST.

9. I'm still loving the deal I got at Menard's last year. Wildview Xtreme II (2.0 megapixel) for $59.99. I don't know what the trigger time is on these cameras, but the pictures look nice.

10. I bought one of those Menard's cameras for my brother-in-law for Christmas. He uses it on one of his farms to catch trespassers. So far he's happy with it.

11. Mainbeam, If you build a olympus 370 or 380 you can get about 3 sec on the on off mod, if you mod it for always on you are able to get about 1 sec. But this will eat batts a little. Thats why on the home brews they also add extra batts.for the always on. On the sony p32 you can get a trigger time of a little over 2 sec. And the sony p41 the trigger time can be a little over 1 sec. But there is no way you could build one for a hundred bucks. Not that it matters but I can take my cameras out of the case and use them for personal stuff also.As a matter of fact the picture of my son holding the bass is from my one of sony p41 setups. I also have some homemade 35mm that are the cats *&^%. Now them are some fast cams but a little loud .They all have there pros and cons.

12. As I stated before I seriuosly though about building a P41 homebrew for the reasons you just stated. I think it would have cost me around $225. I really want a trail camera that has more than 12.5 ft effective flash....

13. JL be sure and checkout the specs on the cams...flash and triggertime is what makes a great cam. I too have a Wildview and as you probably know their flash and trigger speed isn't the greatest. If the deer is more than 10 feet away mine won't get a good picture.

I love the fact the technology keeps going UP and the price keeps going DOWN!