Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
for the first year ever! I am in!

I will only shoot one doe and one buck so naturally i wouldnt agree with points for extra does but i wont throw a fit either way. BUT, some of my land is still recovering from EHD and my family only needs one doe and one buck to eat each year. I dont think everyone should be encouraged to shoot more does. Management does NOT always mean shooting more does. Sometimes it means not shooting any or shooting very few on certain properties. So, i wont make a fuss but i think 1 point for extra does is enough considering some guys could shoot 10 (like me) but just wont do it.

Some people shoot more does then they really should so encouraging a doe slaughter isnt wise. 1 point is plenty seabee.

I also think a buck should get more points for being larger then another one but I do see how it could be difficult to have everyone score their deer after they shoot it.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
This is the 2006 thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I figured that out after posting. The place for this year says (sign up) but when you click on it, it says don't sign up on this post. I couldn't find the page to sign up on! It doesn't matter now because its probably closed.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I am adding Captain Craig K due to him having issues with his phone.

Outback 33 I am glad to get your son in. is he a youth? Member? let me know. I will leave a spot for him on your team. If he is a youth and not a full IS member, I encourage you to sign him up, but for now I will just need his age and will name him Outback 33-age.

If you signed in you are in.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
for the first year ever! I am in!

I will only shoot one doe and one buck so naturally i wouldnt agree with points for extra does but i wont throw a fit either way. BUT, some of my land is still recovering from EHD and my family only needs one doe and one buck to eat each year. I dont think everyone should be encouraged to shoot more does. Management does NOT always mean shooting more does. Sometimes it means not shooting any or shooting very few on certain properties. So, i wont make a fuss but i think 1 point for extra does is enough considering some guys could shoot 10 (like me) but just wont do it.

Some people shoot more does then they really should so encouraging a doe slaughter isnt wise. 1 point is plenty seabee.

I also think a buck should get more points for being larger then another one but I do see how it could be difficult to have everyone score their deer after they shoot it.
I understand your points. These are the list of rules I was given a couple years ago when I started to run the contest, I didn't tweak many due to the "Not re-invent the wheel" Theory and i am open to changes. We can discuss them and I will listen to those ideas that you might have. PM me or use the forum to chat them over. We will keep this years as stated, but will look at ideas for 2015 for sure. I try and morph the contest into what the group wants. This is your forum and contest. I just manage the chaos some lol.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.