close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2017 Deer Team Harvest Page

Discussion in '2017 IndianaSportsman Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by FireLt72, Sep 15, 2017.

1. FireLt72

FireLt72 Staff Member Mod

The season is now open and runs through 1/31/2018 at dark. Posts must be made with YOU IN THE PICTURE WITH THE DEER and within 10 days of harvest. Exp- Bob shoots a stud this week. Bob has until 9/25 to post picture of Bob and deer in the same photo. Bob can't wait till the day before the team champs are announced and post a picture of someone and a stud deer and claim it is him/her. Those photos will be posted, but the scores will not count toward the championship points. Photos of deer harvested only with out you being in the photo will be posted, but will not count as championship points. Any questions PM me!! Be safe and have a great time.

Steve likes this.
  2. I only see one problem with this method. Human Factor. Who's to say someone won't post a picture of an old deer they have killed from any other year of their life? People take these things seriously for attention so I'm just asking.

3. FireLt72

I have had almost zero problems myself with this in the past. In the turkey contest, there were a few prizes and a certain couple of hunter actually caused my rule changes here and the turkey contest. The deer contest, from what I can tell has been issue free. I am not sure there is a fool proof way? I mean this is only bragging rights and if someone has to cheat or lie to get that small amount of self-esteem there are much bigger issue in their life.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Big Dave, j-bird and LIV4RUT like this.
  4. Not a deer but I took my daughter out this morning for the youth hunt.....maybe not a trophy deer, but a "success" all the same! Our quest this year is for her first deer.......
    youth hunt 2017.jpg

vsmorgantown, FireLt72 and evansl4x4 like this.
  5. Do we get 5pts for taking a youth out?
    If so here team 1's 5pts
    [​IMG]

6. 2017-09-24 08.12.08.jpg Team 6, youth hunt.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    vsmorgantown, FireLt72 and j-bird like this.
  7. [​IMG]
    Took out 2 of my kids this morning. Youth points.

vsmorgantown, FireLt72 and j-bird like this.
  8. Glad to see the pic....not everyone appears to be so happy about the situation! Oh, kids, gotta love'em!

FireLt72 likes this.
  9. FireLt72

Believe I have everyone caught up. Keep the kiddos coming its an easy 5 pts and more importantly a step securing the future of hunting in Indiana and beyond.

10. He does look a little grouchy in the pic! He was happy though, he even got to wave at a doe that walked right under us, which made his day. He was cold and stole his sister's sweatshirt, even though it was hot out. Kids!

FireLt72 and j-bird like this.
  11. FireLt72

Big Doe counted!

12. FireLt72