Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh sweet November.

This guy came into a mock scrape this morning that I had just freshened up on the way in. I hit him with a grunt call and that was all she wrote. When he got to about 20 yards, I let an arrow fly. He dove on his face, got up, did a complete front flip, got up again, and snow plowed to his final resting spot, not 25 yards from where I shot him. Photos do not do his rack justice. 19 1/2 inch inside spread and tons of mass. I weighed him, but with his back feet still on the ground and being completely out of elevation in my lift, he only registered the scales at 230# field dressed ... LOL. Just a tank of a deer. Coolest part ... he had a legitimate mane down his neck.

All on video ... if you are into that thing you will have to wait ... as I still have another tag in my pocket and I am heading to Missouri to hunt next week also.

Sky Cloud Plant Elk Hunting
Sky Cloud Hunting Deer hunting Plant
Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Plant

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh sweet November.

This guy came into a mock scrape this morning that I had just freshened up on the way in. I hit him with a grunt call and that was all she wrote. When he got to about 20 yards, I let an arrow fly. He dove on his face, got up, did a complete front flip, got up again, and snow plowed to his final resting spot, not 25 yards from where I shot him. Photos do not do his rack justice. 19 1/2 inch inside spread and tons of mass. I weighed him, but with his back feet still on the ground and being completely out of elevation in my lift, he only registered the scales at 230# field dressed ... LOL. Just a tank of a deer. Coolest part ... he had a legitimate mane down his neck.

All on video ... if you are into that thing you will have to wait ... as I still have another tag in my pocket and I am heading to Missouri to hunt next week also.

View attachment 19020 View attachment 19021 View attachment 19022
Nice job, always feels good when a plan works out. He is a beast.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well the plan was to bow hunt tomorrow with my buddies, then the weekend for firearms. But, woke up yesterday, feeling like i had a cold, then today absolutely can't taste or smell anything. Can't get in for a test until tomorrow. Still plan on hunting solo closer to home, if it doesn't get much worse.

·
Registered
381 Posts
whats a test gona do for ya? most people i know that got the 19 never got tested. you know if you got it believe me! just use your head and dont push yourself to pneumonia. take care jashroomer

·
Registered
381 Posts
on the subject of reduction zone. i dont hunt any so havent payed attention to the regs. i had a guy tell me he shot 2 doe in a reduction zone with his gun. where he was telling me he shot them i wondered if it was in city limits. he said no its legal to use a gun. i get home that night and look it up in the book. it says you cant use firearms till the 13th in reduction zone. is this correct? was he miss informed? sure sounds like it. if so i guess they mite catch that when they are reviewing the harvest info. lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Th
whats a test gona do for ya? most people i know that got the 19 never got tested. you know if you got it believe me! just use your head and dont push yourself to pneumonia. take care jashroomer
Thanks, had to get the test for work, knew I had, only because the smell/taste thing.
Started my 10 day quarantine today
Plant Plant community Light Botany Natural environment

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yea, they are for rattling, didn't have any deer close enough for pics. Saw a small buck on a doe leaving the field last night. Nothing this morning, although someone did shoot on the property next to me. Heading back out in a few, good luck all.

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
on the subject of reduction zone. i dont hunt any so havent payed attention to the regs. i had a guy tell me he shot 2 doe in a reduction zone with his gun. where he was telling me he shot them i wondered if it was in city limits. he said no its legal to use a gun. i get home that night and look it up in the book. it says you cant use firearms till the 13th in reduction zone. is this correct? was he miss informed? sure sounds like it. if so i guess they mite catch that when they are reviewing the harvest info. lol
You cannot use a firearm in a reduction zone until the regular firearms opener (this year Nov 13). After that though you can use a firearm at any point up until the close of Reduction Season (Jan 31), even when firearms is closed to the general state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts