close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2nd Annual Indiana QDMA Banquet set for Sat. Aug. 19, 2006 in Noblesville

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, Aug 18, 2006.

1. THis sure crept up on us everyone......

Indiana Chapter of QDMA is holding its 2nd Annual Banquet at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in Noblesville tomorrow evening for those who can attend. Tickets can be purchased at the Door. I'm gonna e-mail Dawg of Indianapolis to get everyone up to speed on the specifics.

2. Agenda

Banquet Agenda

5:00 pm

Social hour (games and silent auction opens)

6:30 pm

Introductions

6:45 pm

Dinner

7:15 pm

Guest speaker

7:30 pm

Live Auction

8:30 pm

Close silent auction

8:45 pm

Raffle drawings

9:00 pm

Closing

3. some items available.

The officers and committee members of the Indiana Branch of QDMA would like to thank you for attending our banquet and supporting our fund-raising efforts. We especially want to thank the donors and sponsors who have helped make this event a success.

Our Regional Director is: Chris Pevey

Your Branch officers are: Jeff Stout – President; Tom James – Vice President; Josh Heffernan – Treasurer; and David Grannan – Secretary.

Committee Members: Todd Murray, Mike Cain, Brad Bowman, Dean Weimer, Jon Stout, Joe Bacon, Jon Cook, John Lawson, Jason Phelps, Tony Wright, Jamie Turpin, Brandon Jeffress

Net proceeds from this event will be used to fund Hunter Education Programs, QDMA Education, and Food Plot Seminars.

Drawing items for Platinum sponsors:

Case Sheath Knife – with QDMA logo

Leather Journal

Damascus Bowie Incentive Knife

MAKE SURE YOU GET IN ON THESE GREAT RAFFLES:

BINGO BOARD – QDMA 2006 Gun of the Year – Weatherby Vanguard with camo stock, 300 WSM rifle with a Leupold VX-II 3-9 x 40 Scope. Includes leather sling and hard case.

$20 per chance

FLIP GAME RAFFLE ; T/C OMEGA 50 Cal MUZZLELOADER

NIKON CARD RAFFLES;

NIKON LASER 800 RANGEFINDER - $10 / ticket

NIKON 8 X 42 MONARCH BINOCULARS - $10 / ticket

DICE ROLL GAME; TOP PRIZE IS A MATTHEWS OUTBACK BOW

3 rolls (x 2 dice) for $20

Number of raffle tickets equal the sum of the dice from the three rolls

LADIES RAFFLE TABLE: ZOOM! – Teeth Whitening Procedure valued at $500 as the top prize and lots of other wonderful prizes (Winners choose from the table items)

2 chances / tickets - $5

4 chances / tickets - $10

10 chances / tickets - $20

GOLF TEE RAFFLE; TOP PRIZE IS A CUDDEBACK DIGITAL DEERCAM

One ticket for each tee selected. Only 180 chances available!

White tip – free chance

Black tip - $5

Red tip - $10

ATTENTION KIDS; BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE KIDS CORNER! FREE GAMES AND PRIZES

The Evening Highlight – the GUN raffle:

Gun Raffle Ticket Prices

$5 for 1 ticket

$20 for 5 tickets

$100 – 40 tickets plus ONE BONUS GUN TICKET

Our gun purchases were handled by the INDIANA GUN CLUB, Fortville, IN. (317) 485-6540. (Winners subject to background check and must meet the State & Federal Firearms purchase requirements).
    Live Auction Items

1. CRY OF FREEDOM - 26”x 29” framed print by Eddie LeRoy, with QDMA medallion

2. ATV PLOT SPRAYER – Great Day 25 gallon tank with application wand and boom sprayer

3. LEATHER LUGGAGE PIECE – Versatile wheeled black buffalo leather carry-on with QDMA logo

4. BIG WOODS AMBUSH – 30” x 42” framed canvas giclee by Jack Paluh

5. LEAVING THE SANCTUARY – 18” x 36” framed print by Terry Redlin

6. WOOD DUCK – carved, authentically painted drake Wood Duck in a displaying pose

7. NATIVE AMERICAN FLINT KNIFE – individually handmade with deer antler and cherry display stand. QDMA medallion inlayed in the stand base.

8. HOLD TIGHT – 25” x 38” framed print by Michael Sieve, inlayed with a classic 30-06 cartridge specifically for QDMA.

9. DREAM BUCK – Bronze deer bust crafted by Dick Idol

10. SCRAPELINE BUCK – 29” x 38” framed print by Michael Sieve, with arrow inlayed specifically for QDMA.

11. WOODEN CHEST – 23 ½” x 15 ½” x 17 ½” with lift out tray. Engraved pinecone motif on lid, QDMA medallion inlayed on front.

12. BOKER 2006-2007 QDMA KNIFE OF THE YEAR – Red stag / micarta handle with 5 ¾” 440A stainless steel blade, lasered QDMA logo and date. Woven leather sheath included.

13. HOMESTEAD BUCK – 26” x 32 ½” framed print by Don Kloetzke with QDMA medallion.

14. “AUTUMN COLORS” QUILT – Hand quilted and donated by Jeanna Stout

15. BESIDE STILL WATERS – 32” x 39” print by Jay Kemp, with QDMA medallion.

16. METAL QDMA SIGN – 27” x 16” powder coated heavy gauge sign depicting a mature buck.

17. WOODLAND SHADOWS DETAIL – 25 ½” x 28” print by Jay Kemp with the QDMA medallion.

18. QDMA CUSTOM AFGHAN – Custom made specifically for QDMA banquets.

19. SANCTUARY – Limited Edition framed print by Hayden Lambson

20. SPRING 2007 2 DAY SWITZERLAND COUNTY GUIDED TURKEY HUNT @ CEDAR BRANCH FARMS – Donated and guided by Joe Bacon

21. ELK CABIN – Framed Print by J. Gibson

22. FRESHEST TRACK WE’VE SEEN ALL DAY – Limited Edition Framed Print by Hayden Lambson

We want to thank our auctioneers, Dale Nunemaker and Bob Moore.

Silent Auction Items

1. WOODEN WELCOME SIGN – 24” X 16”

2. GAME BUTCHERING KIT – complete 9 piece kit with case

3. WAIST PACK – with dual water bottle compartments

4. SACSUIT – one piece leafy wear jumpsuit that packs inside its own QMDA logoed seat bag

5. GERBER MEAT SAW – collapsible bow saw with 2 21” blades included.

6. LEATHER BBQ APRON – black buffalo leather with embroidered QDMA logo

7. SHARPENING STONE –

8. BOKER TACTICAL ARMED FORCES FLASHLIGHT

9. QUALITY FOOD PLOTS – QDMA’s new 324 page food plot book.

10. LEGEND OF THE FALL – A striking desktop sculpture.

11. QDMA GUN CASE – soft 48” case highlighted with western blanket accent and QMDA logo.

12. MANAGEMENT DVD’S - Drury Brothers collection of three for your enjoyment and enhancement of deer management knowledge.

13. DEER CAMP – 18” X 25” framed black & white photo of circa 1930’s Wisconsin deer camp’s success.

14. OTIS TACTICAL CLEANING KIT – Compact and complete rifle, shotgun, and pistol cleaning system with QDMA logo on case.

15. QDMA POSTER SET

16. MATCHING CANVAS GEAR BAGS – Two bags with QDMA logo to carry all of your clothing and equipment.

17. BACKWOODS GATHERING – Framed print by Luke Buck

I'll be there fella's I hope to meet you and your friends, I won the grand prizre gun last year. This is a great opportunity to support QDMA and also win or purchase some great items.....

One day soon my Grandson will be thrilled with his new Browning gold series 20 guage deer gun....

4. Wish we knew ealier, may have been able to go. Promised my wife a work day here, painting bedrooms (taking a break now!!).

Dean, report back on what goes on, sorry I can't go with you guys.

5. antler worshipping brothers reunion

I met that dastardly antler worshipper Dean tonite at the QDMA banquet, also got to meet his brother. Three hours of swapping stories and meeting old friends and making new ones.

I think we have a new plan for Indiana, on a raffle I won the 2006 QDMA gun of the year. It is a Weatherby in 300wsm with a leupold 3x9 scope and case. The rifle is number 49 of 100 made for QDMA.

Well now that I gots me one of them high powered deer guns, we think we should get us a rifle season......lol.

Just kidding guys...........it was a great time, hope you all plan on attending next year.

Imagine Dean and I together in a room full of deer hunters and we could feel the love.

6. S'pose I could get that gun from you Joe?

BTW...to show you what kind of A-hole Joe really is he donated a 2 day youth turkey hunt to some lucky kid for next springs' youth turkey hunt. Gee, what a jerk!!!

7. You're the worst, Joe. :lol:

8. Dean is a great guy!!!

After I had won the rifle dean offered me a whopping 25% return on my investment in the raffle! I had purchased one(1) chance @20.00 and Dean offered me 25.00 for the rifle.......

Now Dean if you go to our neighbor to the south and want to christen the rifle in another OBR State I'll sure let you "rent" it ........20.00 for the season........lol.

As far as the turkey hunt, it was a two day hunt for the winning bidderevrything but License included. The winning bidder (375.00) asked me if he could transfer it to his 12 year old son. That brought a smile to my face, I get to introduce a youth to turkey hunting AND.......... With the new youth turkey hunt next year he gets to do it the weekend before our season begins! The only drawback for the 12 year old.....probably the guide!

A turkey will comit suicide!