close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

80 acre WRP for sale in Crothersville bottoms

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by Tgrindlay, Jun 10, 2005.

1. This is post enrolled WRP in the same bottoms as the 2 40's I posted about earlier. A realtor called today asking about fair market value. I told her most of the WRP ground was going for between $400 and $500 an acre.

Its about 7 miles south of the refuge and the ducks use those bottoms when the river is out. NRCS is waiting for new owners before they build the impoundments.

2. 40,000 wow not bad wish i had the $$$$$$$$

3. I'm new to the state (to the midwest, actually) and I was wondering what WRP land is? Also, where is the refuge?

4. Wetland Reserve is run By USDA and NRCS. Landowners are given a one-time payment to manage the ground according to NRCS rules. No farming is allowed except on 5% for food plots.

NRCS will build the impoundments, most times you have to pony-up for the water control structures.

It is strictly recreational property.

The refuge is 6 or 7 miles north. East of US 31 and South of US 50. The refuge has about 7,800 acres of which 1,400 are water. This is in Muscatutuck bottoms which is the largest contiguous river bottom forest in Indiana.