close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A bowhunters dream!

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by seabee, Nov 25, 2006.

1. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Growing up i never had any hunters in my family, somehow i caught the bug and learned it on my own, when i got out of the military i was going to make it my job to get my younger brother into it so we could enjoy the outdoors together, All it took was a good shot on a spike buck 20 minutes into opening day in 1998 and he also got the fever, Well he joined the Airforce in 2001 and has made the trip back here every season since serving except this year. Along the way he has got to hunt in many states and do many things most hunters dont get a chance to do, he has harvested numerous deer, turkey,and bear along the way, but his most recent addition to his resume is an Alaskan moose, Shot with his Mathews bow in temps well below -10 deg. A great first bull for any bowhunter, The bull was shot at 45 yards with a muzzy 3 blade 125 grain head and went only 50 yards before expiring, it features a 34 inch spread, none of the digital cameras would work in the field because of the cold so they had to quarter it and take it out of the woods and get pics back at the house when the cameras warmed up.......Im proud of that guy...hope you enjoy the pics!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Very cool. Moose is high on my wish list of must do life time hunts.

3. Awesome CB......are those antlers under that tree in the back ground?.....Is the huntin getting anybetter in Newton county?

4. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Yes, those are some caribou sheds, as for the hunting in newton....sat for 5 hours last night, seen 5 tree rats....thats it!

5. Sounds like that in griffith right now. Fresh sign everywhere.......but no deer to be seen or shot. Think they are just going through the property after dark. Found a deer that the yotes got a hold of thanksgiving morning. Thinking about just going back down to the slough.

6. congrats to your brother. i'm sure that is a dream for most of us on this site!

7. Good for him. Thank You both for your service to America!!!!!

8. Hunting with your Brother Is the greatest thing one can do..They older the Better...Man have I got some memoryies