close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Almost TIME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by LHTaxidermy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Just wanted to wish everyone going out in the morning good luck and safe hunting.

2. You too. I hope the weather holds....

3. I MAY POSTPONE MY OPENING DAY BASED ON THE WEATHER FORECAST. FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN, IT`S GOING TO BE RAINY, I`VE NEVER HAD MUCH LUCK TURKEY HUNTING IN THE RAIN. THAT MOISTURE THING JUST DOESN`T WORK WELL WITH MY CALLS. MAY TRY TO GET OUT THURSDAY OR FRIDAY.

4. i'm hoping to get out tomorrow but its not looking promising...aside from the rain i got a newborn who apparently hates sleep...at night anyway. going out for sure thursday...

man i cant wait...first gobbler chase ever...I been practicing my calls too, "here turkey turkey turkey...here turkey turkey turkey." thats solid gold!!!

5. I'm almost ready! :woohoo1:

6. pack is packed...in the truck...clothes are laid out...its up to the birds now...

7. I don't think I'm going to turkey hunt this year ...

OK enough stupidity! It's Christmas Eve for Daddy!:biggrin:

I'll be out there in the morning for a short sit, unless it is pouring down rain. Tomorrow's spot though doesn't look promising.

I did see another strutter this morning just off the road with a couple hens. Got the blood boiling!:coolgleam

8. Where the Hell is that weather bug guy at????Lets have a Report please.....

9. good luck to you too. hope the weather holds.

10. [​IMG]

Not looking favorable for those of you made out of sweet stuff. AS for me, I'll float, just ask my wife. Actually, I find it easier to locate turkeys in the rain. However, at that point, you must go into stealth mode.

11. Now might be a good time to invest in a good water-tight blind! Or, at least hunt with someone that has one.

12. I'll be out for a brief sit rain or shine also. Unfortunately I can't be out much past 8:00...too much going on here at work. That being said, my entire season last year lasted all of 15 minutes. Got into the woods late 5 minute walk to my set up, still had a bird on the roost about 80 yards away..5 minutes after I sat down he pitched down....a few soft calls and within 2 minutes he got rolled at 12 paces. Not keeping my fingers crossed for another one like that, but with the forcasted rain, I plan to set up along the field edge with high hopes! :)

Best of luck to all!

13. Show-off! Look at all of that quality time that you could have been out in the woods! :evil: