close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Also new to the state

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by soo_20, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Hello fellow hunters! I'm also new to the state of Indiana. I just moved to Bloomington and I can't wait for hunting season. I just spent the last 2 years hunting Alabama whitetail and I'm ready for a change! The area I'll be hunting is going to be mainly NSA crane with a few hunts up on the family farm in Michigan. This year I plan to only bow hunt seeing they say that is only way to hunt! If anyone has any info on hunting in this area outside of Crane all suggestions are welcome!

Chris

2. welcome

no info here but welcome to the site!

3. all i know about that area is they had a decent basketball team once but that was years ago...

welcome aboard anyway
    what kind of bow you shooting?

4. Welcome to the board and the great state of Indiana...

5. I'm shooting a Fred Bear TRX.

6. Bloomington is a great area, even if it does have that University down there.

I've never hunted down there, but recalling all the time I spent down there in my college days chasing two legged game on the weekends, it looks like the deer hunting should be good in the out lying areas.:coolgleam

Welcome.

7. Welcome to Indiana and the site.
    Anywhere around Crane is a great area for deer and turkey, are you in the military?

8. Welcome...as others have said..only hunting I've done around Bloomington was the two legged species.

9. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I have chased a few 2 legged whitetails down there myself...........:yikes:

10. IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO HUNT CRANE, YOU WILL NOT NEED ANY OTHER PLACE TO HUNT. IT DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THAN CRANE FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN. YOUR VERY LUCKY.

11. Welcome. I believe there is a Hoosier National Forest office on 37 not far from where you will be. You can go there and get topos and other info for hunting Hoosier National. While I wouldn't advise hunting HNF during opening weekend of gun season you should find some excellent opportunities during bow season. HNF is a BIG forest that one could easily get lost in. Every year there are some giant bucks taken out of there. Good luck.