:playVideo('1041664',%20'Girl%20Found%20Dead%20in%20Amber%20Alert%20Case%3B%20Man%20Arrested',%20'v',%20'News',%20'138134',%20'News',%20'',%20'');"][b][color=#000084]Girl Found Dead in Amber Alert Case; Man Arrested[/color][/b][/url][img]http://wishtv.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif" />
close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

amber alert for teen ends sad

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by oldbuckkiller, Nov 2, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

I just saw an update on the 16 year old girl that went missing in cass county, and it makes me sick that some one would do that, but the guy that done it got prison time for it in 1979, i think this guy should get that neddle in his arm for this. i think any time you want to move from a state where you were paroled from you should have to do like house arest and where the tracking device on you leg. this news is sad. my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

2. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

here's what i got for an update

Police Search for Murder Weapon in Death of Cass County Girl

var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Nov 2, 2006 12:57 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);Nov 2, 2006 12:57 PM EST

[​IMG]Girl Found Dead in Amber Alert Case; Man Arrested[​IMG]

Authorities say 51-year-old Danny Rouse strangled and stabbed to death 16-year-old Stephanie Faye Wagner, a co-worker. Police are currently searching for the murder weapon.

Police say Stephanie left work at the Indian Head Restaurant in Winamac, in Pulaski County, around 9:00 Tuesday night. According to police, Wagner pulled over to help Rouse who appeared to have car trouble.

Her body was found in a corn field about one mile from her abandoned car on County Road 700W in Cass County and she was pronounced dead at 8:00 p.m. Wednesday by the Cass County Coroner.

The Cass County Sheriff's Department and the Indiana State Police located Rouse Wednesday afternoon. He was questioned and told officers where they could find Stephanie's body.

Rouse is being held in the Cass County Jail without bond. Formal charges filed this evening.

"We will keep him in isolation for a while, just to observe him, make sure he doesn't want to try to end his own life. I'm sure maybe now, maybe guilt's set in, maybe he feels bad about it, I don't know. But we will watch him and keep him segregated for a while until such time we feel he's, uh, trustworthy enough, we'll put him back in the population," said Gene Isaacs, Cass County Sheriff.

Rouse was released from prison in March after serving 25 years for murder. He was convicted of the murder of a five-year-old boy in 1979 in Wichita, Kansas. Upon his release from prison in 2006, he immediately asked to switch his parole to Indiana.

The father of the boy Rouse killed tried to keep Rouse behind bars. He keeps an internet blog. The blog includes one of several letters the man says he wrote to Kansas parole officers over the years. It reads, in part:

"Our family continues to suffer physically, mentally and emotionally because of this horrendous crime. Because of what happened to my ex-wife and my son, I know Danny Rouse is a dangerous threat to society. I appeal to the parole board's sense of justice and intelligence to vote against consideration of parole."

To view the complete blog entry click here.

24-Hour News 8 will have continuing coverage throughout the day. Check back for updates to this story and watch the latest on News 8 @ 5:00 and 6:00.

3. Yep, i live in Cass County and everyone is pretty shocked. No one knew this guy even existed in our county. How he was ever let out from prison and allowed to work at this restaraunt is beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  4. Unfortunately it is this type of thing that comes from liberal thinking and a liberal court system. You're right...he should have never been released from prison from the first murder. The needle is too good for this guy, but then it's too easy of a way out for anybody if you ask me. Harsh punishment and a "real" death penalty is what needs to be brought back to the criminal justice system for it to be effective. A public display like the old west days might open some eyes and make people realize it is real and not a video game or TV show.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  5. I AGREE WITH TREE`S COMMENTS ABOVE. WHAT WAS THIS GUY EVER DOING OUT OF PRISION. HE MURDERED A FIVE YEAR OLD BOY AND TRIED TO KILL THE BOY`S MOTHER BY STABBING HER NUMEROUS TIMES. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A LIFE SENTANCE OR PERHAPS PUT TO DEAH THE FIRST TIME. NOW BECAUSE OF A LIBERAL SENTANCE, ANOTHER CHILD IS DEAD. GIVE ME JUST ONE BULLET, THATS ALL I WOULD NEED.

6. My heart goes out to the family of the poor little girl!!!!

That shtuff is just nuckin futs. First of all, he was let out of Prison for killing someone and then goes and does it again!!!??? Then he just tells the police where he left her after they question him. That just boggles my mind why anyone would do such a thing to another human being????
    :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

That behavior certainly is not normal at all, and needs to be done away with somehow.

Alan

7. I know halloween is over but if you really want to be sacred...go to familywatchdog.us and see just what kind of monsters live near you!!!!!!!!!!
    I have seen customers of mine... a guy I went to school with and the kid at the corner Speedway station!

8. Tree,

I'm not sure I agree with you on how they are put down, but I do have a problem with when. I think the sentence should be carried out while it is a fresh case. When I here of someone being injected, its always a crime from 1970 something and I have no recollection of the crime. I think that if within a few months the sentence was carried out it might be more of a wake up call deterant for people. Of course, how do you rationalize and think deterant on someone who I can't even come close to figuring out how they think.

9. couldn't agree more let the public have him:bash:

10. I say as soon as they are proven guilty that they should be put to death. Why should we even have to continue to feed such people? I'm sorry fellas, but that dude should have been exterminated from the earth soon after he killed the boy and tried to kill the woman. This seems hard line and perhaps medieval, but so too do the actions of this individual. It's ridiculous, now there are two families who have been devestated by some idiots' murderous behavior. He should be exterminated immediately. What is wrong with society?

11. in my opinion not only should thast piece of filth be put to death by being tortured the parole board that set him free should get life in prison. ( and be denied soap on a rope ).

12. Speaking of the parole board, that Nancy Grace TV show on CNN had a statement from them tonight in regard to this, and it was insulting. It said they send there prayers to the family, but regretfully some of there inmates do re-offend, and that ultimately it is the individuals choice on wether he re-offends. So i guess they take absolutely no responsibility here. They asked a good question on the show tonight and it's the same one i was asking all day yesterday. How can a man who slit a 5 year olds neck while he slept ever be rehabilitated? I mean, once you cross that sick of a line, there is no place for you on this earth, let alone normal society.

13. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

Good point dean but kansas no longer has a death penalty the christian right took care of that, dang churchy types even though it says in the bible that a murderer should be put to death. Not taking political sides but it needs to be federal law that both sides need to look into if you kill someone especially if it's a child you are to be put to death asap. Just what i think. Also i do believe the woman died from her injuries he was trying to rape her when the boy walk in on it. haven't confirmed it, it's just what i heard.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2006