close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Animal Attacks

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by anon782010, Jun 18, 2007.

1. I don't know how many of the rest of you look around the news or other forums, or message boards but having very little life, I do.

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be ALOT more animal attacks going on that usual?

Especially bears, and especially grizzly bears. When will state and federal government realize that the hunter is the best way to prevent this type of thing?

Or am I off my rocker?

2. yes, yes and oh god yes :evilsmile

I never payed much attention before I started hunting but it does seem as though alot more folks are getting mauled lately. I just chalked it up to natural selection :chicken:

3. When people invade the natural habitat of a wild animal they should expect to become food or plan against it. More people are living closer to wild animals today than ever before so we should expect to see more wild animal attacks. We are the intruders, not them.

4. Doesn't it seem like there have been an awful lot of dog attacks this spring. It kills me to hear of a kid being attacked by a dog, "our best friend". I say everybody needs a Beagle.

5. Wow Trevor...I thought you were more intelligent than this...the inhumane hunter has no business efficiently reducing this statistic.

The only EFFECTIVE way to reduce these brutal attacks is sterilization of the animals through humane capture and birth control.................:16suspect

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. Even my deer in my back yard seem to be content around me,my wife and our 3 dogs. The dogs don't bother them and the deer just eat in the food plot,or my garden, and go on about thier business. They never stay around more than half an hour. Nowhere to go and all day to get there-a deers life must be nice.

7. YESTERDAY I READ WHERE A BLACK BEAR IN UTAH DRAGGED A YOUNG BOY OUT OF HIS TENT AND KILLED HIM. YOU DO NOT GENERALLY THINK OF BLACK BEARS AS BEING THAT AGRESSIVE. EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

8. Never met a chow I didn't think would be better off as fertilizer...

The black bear thing is kind of bothersome though too, it doesn't seem very often that black bears do that sort of thing. 300 lb bear they said...not a youngster...

Worst part of all of it is the "be at one with nature" city slickers that trounce through the woods without a clue A) what they are doing, or B) the danger they are in. They have it in their head that "they aren't there to do any harm, certainly, the animals know this."

Morons...pure morons...

It would be an almost impossible stat to calculate, but if you could, dont you think it would be interesting to see the ratio of experienced hunters who are attacked and killed by animals every year compared to these tent flinging suburban city folk?

Or how about this, by man-hour in the woods. You know hunters put themselves in more danger every year than campers in the way of pure time exposed to danger.

I just hate stupid people....

anyone want to bet that those people who lost their boy had bags of piggly wiggly food on the floor of the tent, with no scent control, and half eaten hot dog buns around the fire...morons...

9. I'm always on the look out for those dangerous house cats, haven't had one attack me yet. The sad thing is you can still get a civil suit against you for blasting someones piece-of-crap pit bull or chow on your own property. Most local sheriffs would advise you to make said offending animal disappear.:16suspect

10. black bears

In read about black bears on some other sites, in a lot of areas they are deemed more dangerous than the browns. Due to socialization skills, they plain don't give a darn....when they are hungry. Browns are more likely to avoid humans; blacks won't.

In following the US Open this past week at Oakmont in PA, it was noted every morning of each round, a start was delayed due to blacks on the golf course. WOW...your only allowed to carry 14 clubs....does a muzzleloader count?

11. I think the point to make is the chow or pit shouldn't be on your property anyway. They have laws/penalties in place for pet owners; they need to enforce them.

12. Shoot...shovel...shutup...

I don't tolerate other people's animals running wherever they damn well please. I don't care if little susie or tommy will miss spot. This is an important life lesson to learn. You don't keep the things you care about from wandering off, they might not come back.

Seen to many horses with broken legs because of neighbor dogs, too many kids get bit cuz they thought the doggy was friendly, and people have their dogs attacked on their own property because someone else didn't care.

Shoot them. Don't chance it...

13. Marsupials scare me........... cuz they're fast.........

14. Pit's and Chows and other "aggressive breeds" are nothing more than BS, IMO. If a dog feels the need to attack, it will. No matter the breed or size. I grew up around chow's and have nothing but good to say about it. My family has 2 pitbull's that are the biggest softy's you will ever see. I think Rook said it best, about the owner's needing stiffer fines and punishment.
    If you raise a dog right, no matter the breed it will be a good companion. I know I am the minority here, but I am tired of the bad raps certain dogs get because of a few low life owners and I had to chime in.

On the attacks, yeah there are more and more each year it seems. I will agree with that.