close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Indiana cougar ?

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by dleslie217, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Just finished watching one of the local newscast and they said that there had been reports of a cougar sighted near the Clay and Vigo county line around the Twin Beach area. The report said that, although the DNR receives reports all the time of cougar sightings and most of them turn out to false, they were treating this sighting has having some credibility. They said officials were actively searching for the cougar.

2. Interesting...I heard about a road-kill cougar in Allen county a couple of weeks ago, although I'm not sure if it is true or not.

3. If my memory is correct i think there was a courgar sighting in Dyer.

4. yeah that dyer thing has been going around for years... I had a roommate that grew up in dyer and he says its been going around for as long as he can remember...

5. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a cougar running around out there. There are deer up the ying yang out there, but watch those children if u know what i mean.

6. Big cats

With big cats, you better watch your back as well.

7. Some people told me they saw a cougar on the stueben/branch county line this past summer. They say they have seen in 2 or 3 times and have tried to catch it on video but havent had any luck yet. I dont know how creddible they are but they seem pretty serious about it.

8. whats the latest on this cougar sighting?

9. There was a small article in the Terre Haute paper the next day, said pretty much the same thing as the newscast. Haven't heard anything since then.

10. I have a family member that said there is video of a cougar caught on tape somewhere near the Fort Wayne area. After what I found in my brothers yard, I believe there a few around.

11. i live in switzerland county and my neigbor had a horse killed by what she says was a cougar, i never saw the claw marks but she said there is no way it was a coyote or dog. And i believe her i mean why would a dog or coyote attack a horse. The lady turned it in and wrote an article in the local paper and then it was all (hush hush) so who knows...But i recently saw a dead bob cat in ohio county along the road so why not a cougar

12. i could swear i saw one today. i was heading out to my tree stand, i and i saw what looked like a coyote, and it ran near a tree, so i followed it, then i saw it in the tree and realized it wasn't a coyote. it was scared and jump out of the tree and ran away. my dad said i saw a bobcat, but it had a long tail and it didn't have spots anywhere. it was tan/gold with a white stomach, and was about the size of a large dog.

13. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Darn, another thing to worry about. I thought the only cougars around Ft. Wayne, trolled the bars, looking for younger men.