close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another Trail Cam Thread

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by JL, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Sorry I haven't posted any pics. in the trail cam contest, but I've been having some troubles with my cams. I'm now ready to go digital. I have three StealthCam 35 mm cameras, and I checked them again today. Today makes the third time that I've tried to manually rewind the film (all 24 pictures hadn't been taken yet, but I wanted to pull the film anyway), but what has happened is that the film didn't rewind all the way. I open the door to get the film out only to find that it hadn't rewound all the way, and I exposed the film. Needless to say, I have been thoroughly disappointed with the performance of these cams. Or, could it be that I'm doing something wrong? The camera says to move the switch to "TEST" position to manually rewind the film. It will rewind a little bit, but not all the way. Any suggestions (other than going digital) would be appreciated.

2. You know what the answer is already,, your wallet just does not want to hear it. :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3

:hide: DIGITAL:hide: :hide: :hide:

3. James, my nephew and I have tried trailcams where we hunt, and have always had the same problem. Film never advanced all the way , and we always botched the film trying to check it. Wish we knew the answere, ours was simply to yank out the cams. Someday we'll go digital.

4. One word, Coach...CUDDEBACK........

5. James..........are you attempting to rewind the cam with the batteries you had in while taking pics? I always put a fresh set of batteries in the cam before I attempt to rewind the pictures it has taken. My experience is that if you use the fresh batteries for the "rewind" process..........it should be trouble free.

Hope this helps.

6. Yeah, Dew. I did that when I was using mine. Keep the fresh ones in a bag so you know which are which. The Stealthcams are O.K, but there is a reason why they went on sale last winter. I just got tired of messing with the film and batteries.

7. Digital the only way to go. And I still have problems with them.

8. I have hit the rewind button til it stops while gently applying pressure to the film door and held the rewind button two or three times until it stops withe problems lately. Also, go to an interior room before opening the film and do it in the dark.

9. I just bought into this trail cam idea and they teel me th one I ordere is on back order.... always something.

10. i bought the $100 moultries from bass pro, and I love them. Change batteries 2-3 weeks, swap out memory cards once a week and your good to go. For the price they work great. You can get 3-4 of them for the price of one cuddeback.

11. JL, Sorry I cant give you advice on the film cams. You have seen my pictures and they came off a Moultrie gamespy Digi I picked up on sale for $70 bucks. Still have a few problems with them, but they take a clear and sharp picture at least.

12. Man, I'd forgotten I had even started this thread. Problem was solved by ditching the film cams and going digital. Never again will I have the problems that are inherent in 35mm trailcams.

13. James, I'm sure you posted this somewhere before, but what camera did you end up getting?

14. I ended up getting two Wildview Extreme II's. The cameras are two megapixels, and I ended up picking them up at Menard's for just over $40 apiece. I've taken a couple of pictures of my dogs with it, but I hadn't gotten them out into the woods until a couple of weeks ago. I haven't checked them yet, but this weekend I probably will. I'll post some pics if I get any good ones. Here's the pic of the dogs:

[​IMG]

15. I need one of those grill covers!:bowdown: