Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know if there is any good spots from shore fishing for largemouth bass or for that matter large fish in Fort Wayne or close to Fort Wayne? Kinda new to trying out new spots so feedback greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little late to this thread, new to the site. I fish Fort Wayne all the time, try Leo cedar ills reservoir and the st. Joe river, specifically the scoff park boat launch. A little further away from Fort Wayne, grabill is harsh town reservoir. Tons of smallmouth but no largies there. I've had success with largemouth at Schoaff park launch, I put in my kayak and all head left from the launch (south). They will be on logs reaching out towards deeper water. Lots of snags in there so use jigs, Texas rigged plastics and search with spinnerbaits with a lot of thump. If you head right off the launch, or north there are lots os decent smallmouth, especially in fall. I was killin em this past fall slow rolling spinnerbaits. Leo cedarville is said to have big largemouth, I haven't had luck personally but I know it's a productive place. Fish it same as st. Joe river since it is literally the same body of water just damned up. Jigs, Texas rigged plastics and spinnerbaits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts