Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

Any one hunting these countys

4K views 41 replies 25 participants last post by  HuntinIN 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there Hunting Clark,Harrison,crawford, or Perry counties. If so how has the year been so far for you all. I'm a fist time deer hunter and must say I love it. Only wish I could have found the Buck I had shot.

#3 ·
We can all understand you are excited about being new to hunting. There is a thing called patience, you just don't walk up to a woman and rip her pants down around her ankles and start going at it do ya? Same thing here my guess is that you're a young buck yourself probabbly not much older than 25. You have got to learn the art of finess. Find a buddy at work or at the bar or church or whereever it is you hang out that likes to hunt. Maybe you have family that hunts.Even better. But never try to find a "hot spot" on a website that is visited by thousands of other people. Nobody is gonna tell you this is where we get them every year. We have spent many years in the field to get to that point and its not fair for a "newbie" to want answers to questions that have taken some of us decades to learn the answers to. I remember being that exicited but remember slow down, shut up, and breathe deep. God gave us two eyes and one mouth so we can see twice as much as we say. Good luck and some day you will be having this talk to some other young man trying to horn in on your honey hole.

#4 ·
The guy asked if anyone hunted those counties and how the season has been??? You guys should put a banner on this site that reads, "no new members need register, but if you must, don't try to talk to us about hunting."
What exactly from his post made you believe he was trying to "horn in on your honey hole."
You guys treat new people who come on here terrible, I'm surprised the owner puts up with it.

#6 ·
The guy asked if anyone hunted those counties and how the season has been??? You guys should put a banner on this site that reads, "no new members need register, but if you must, don't try to talk to us about hunting."
What exactly from his post made you believe he was trying to "horn in on your honey hole."
You guys treat new people who come on here terrible, I'm surprised the owner puts up with it.
I agree...let's take it easy, fellas...we're here to help. Derrick, I hunt Steuben, and the hunting up here has been pretty good. Sorry I can't help you with the counties you mentioned.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

#7 ·
just my opinion and we all know what their like. 1st off the guy wasn't asking any of you what personal farm you hunt or what area the place is in. it was a general question of a 3 county area and how you all were doing as far as deer go. i mean get real. takes in a lot of space. i mean talkin about a welcomeing commitee. i think a couple of you guys need to learn some manners.

#8 ·
When I hunted Perry Co. near Derby I saw lots of small, spindly racked woods deer in Hoosier National. There were some big ones that I saw that were killed by hunters near the river and crop fields. TONS of deer and turkeys and that was 10 years ago. I think a lot of poaching goes on down there to. Hope this helps.

Eric

#10 ·
Big time ditto on that... haven't seen anything like this on HH, bowsite or Woody's site...

Soljahd - you're welcome on www.hoosierhunting.com anytime... and here's a thread where you can post your question and not get jumped on...

http://www.hoosierhunting.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002564

You guys on here... good job welcoming the new guy... :bash:

#11 ·
My spots

BTW - I hunt in Tipton and Hamilton Counties... late standing corn and warm temps made for few daytime sightings during firearms... hoping for more movement starting this weekend and in muzzy season...

OH NO.... I told soljahd where I hunt!!!!!!! :banghead3

Reality is a harsh taskmistress...

#15 ·
Been more of a deer hunter than a deer harvester this year... finally took a nice doe last Saturday evening to get some venison supplies rebuilt... wife and kids liked the sauteed tenderloin w/ baked potato and asparagus tuesday night... now if these bucks that have been leaving tracks all over the place would just start moving during the day, I might be able to give the ol' TC .54 sidelock a workout... :biggrin:

#17 ·
we all hunt those counties we all live there
first never ask where someone hunts unless they want to offer that info or your in for a long misserable time on here gotit
Shame one u :bash: :bash: :bash: . thats is the worst welcoming post i've heard. Give the new guy a break will you........by the way i don't hunt those counties, just hunt Lake and Newton. No bucks (so far) saw some though, shot a doe opening day of archery season in the afternoon, drew back on a couple of more does, but couldn't get the shot i wanted, and this past sunday missed a 15yrd. shot at a small doe arrow was deflected by a corn stalk, but that how hunting goes sometimes. ;)

#18 ·
My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
Soljahd, aka Derrick, 26, new member a couple of days ago, made two posts on this site on 12/5/06, and hasn't been back since... in his new member announcement post, many welcomed him to the site, and among those responses was this...

"Welcome to the forum, Derrick. I hope you find the forums as good of information source as I do. The people on here are second to none. Ask anything you will get a reply."

Yeah... you can ask anything... and he sure got a reply...

I'm not a mod or admin on this site, but if I were, I know a couple of members who need their backsides kicked for flaming someone like that, new or not...

#21 ·
:bonk: do you all wish to have more hunters in your counties seems that the majority hates the 5 shots going thru the air yall understand this the more you write about your areas the more out of staters will lease in your counties don't think these people can't afford it thats what they do my opinion never give away what your doing and where it comes from unless you want the whole dang world to know
welcome to this humble little site..... hahahaha ....humble

#22 ·
:bonk: do you all wish to have more hunters in your counties seems that the majority hates the 5 shots going thru the air yall understand this the more you write about your areas the more out of staters will lease in your counties don't think these people can't afford it thats what they do my opinion never give away what your doing and where it comes from unless you want the whole dang world to know
welcome to this humble little site..... hahahaha ....humble
that's the most rediculious thing i've ever heard. he said he live in clark county. buckhead this is a sight about sharing info and making new friends nobody is trying to steal your hunting spot. like i said the guy never once asked where in those county's you hunt. he was just trying to get some general info which everyone else share's. believe me when i tell you the secret of hoosier deer hunting is already out.

#25 ·

Soljahd.....keep the questions coming. I am a newbie to the hunting world and this is my first full season. Without question, I have met some of the greatest folks on this site who have put up with my questions.

Like everywhere else in this world just apply the 98% rule. 98% of a public group will be genuine and helpful.....the other 2% are pricks.

Do not allow the 2% to define the group.

This year I have had the opportunity to hunt Marion, Vermillion and Orange Counties that would not have been available if it weren't for folks on this site.

Good luck and your always welcome.

oldrookie
Bill Reiman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.