Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
:bonk: do you all wish to have more hunters in your counties seems that the majority hates the 5 shots going thru the air yall understand this the more you write about your areas the more out of staters will lease in your counties don't think these people can't afford it thats what they do my opinion never give away what your doing and where it comes from unless you want the whole dang world to know
welcome to this humble little site..... hahahaha ....humble

:bonk: do you all wish to have more hunters in your counties seems that the majority hates the 5 shots going thru the air yall understand this the more you write about your areas the more out of staters will lease in your counties don't think these people can't afford it thats what they do my opinion never give away what your doing and where it comes from unless you want the whole dang world to know
welcome to this humble little site..... hahahaha ....humble
that's the most rediculious thing i've ever heard. he said he live in clark county. buckhead this is a sight about sharing info and making new friends nobody is trying to steal your hunting spot. like i said the guy never once asked where in those county's you hunt. he was just trying to get some general info which everyone else share's. believe me when i tell you the secret of hoosier deer hunting is already out.

Soljahd.....keep the questions coming. I am a newbie to the hunting world and this is my first full season. Without question, I have met some of the greatest folks on this site who have put up with my questions.

Like everywhere else in this world just apply the 98% rule. 98% of a public group will be genuine and helpful.....the other 2% are pricks.

Do not allow the 2% to define the group.

This year I have had the opportunity to hunt Marion, Vermillion and Orange Counties that would not have been available if it weren't for folks on this site.

Good luck and your always welcome.

oldrookie
Bill Reiman

Soljahd.....keep the questions coming. I am a newbie to the hunting world and this is my first full season. Without question, I have met some of the greatest folks on this site who have put up with my questions.

Like everywhere else in this world just apply the 98% rule. 98% of a public group will be genuine and helpful.....the other 2% are pricks.

Do not allow the 2% to define the group.

This year I have had the opportunity to hunt Marion, Vermillion and Orange Counties that would not have been available if it weren't for folks on this site.

Good luck and your always welcome.

oldrookie
Bill Reiman
Well said Rook.

i'm new to the site as well...have received a mixed reception...understand some people are skeptical of your intent...you live in southern indiana so you know its potential...i hunt in dubois and martin co's and just took a job in perry co....from what i've seen the obr is showing it's potential with more bucks reaching maturity...still alot of 2 1/2 year olds being harvested...hard to pass on,but if you do in time you will be rewarded... majority of 2 1/2 year olds is what i have been seeing at the local check stations...

Soljahd, Let me say first WELCOME TO THE SITE!! I am somewhat of a "newbie" myself. I dont think you can judge the whole site on what bigling97 and buckhead said. They were wrong to jump you like that. I took nothing from your post that made me believe that you wanted to ambush someones hunting spot. Just like with any group, you have to take the good with the bad. I have had no problems at all on here and I hope you will give the site another chance. We are for the most part a group of kind hearted hunters that welcome questions and offer advice. We can all learn something from one another. As you have already learned. I hope to see you around on here and I hope those guys didnt bully you away from the site forever.

First off I wasn't trying to bully anybody off of this site. Secondly in my post I said I can understand his need to learn and even offered him some hints for hunting info that he might already know. Friends or Those related tend to be more forthcoming with info. I wasn't trying to bust his balls I was telling him that some people might want to give info out and if he were to lay back and read other posts he would learn more from a larger group of people than trying to gain particular info from sources that don't want to just blurt it out. A three county area is a huge area and I didn't imply that he was going to horn in on some ones hot spot but that people might think that he was tring to do that.I don't hunt anywhere near there so I am not concerned with him hunting in my area. I am sorry if you all thought that that was what I was doing.I'm really not a jerk I like to laugh and have a good time and if I offended anyone out there I am truely sorry.

Welcome to the site. I understand where everyone is coming from. I am rather new myself, and I admit during the trail cam contest,I was very impressed with the deer Scarlet Dew was showing(wish I could have seen more, but someone messed that up for us apparently). I did ask "What part of the state do you hunt?' meaning north, south, central, etc. I wasn't trying to pry anyone's honey hole from them for sure as I have my own, but I did feel some animousity and heard smart a** comments about it afterwards. I learned my lesson as I hope you did. I hope you return as there is a lot of good educational reading on this site.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Well to anyone who thought i was trying to take there spot I wasn't. I personally have a spot in Perry county with my Uncle who has hunted this area for years. I live in Clark I was just trying to see if there was anyone from these area on this board. Thanks to all the people who have left nice comments on here for me.

this is a good site. everybody on here enjoys it here or they wouldn't be here. it's like reading a good book the more you read the more you feel you know the characters even though you may never meet you can't wait till you get to the next chapter. just relax and enjoy this site where you can gain knowledge and info from all over indiana on the things we all love to do. we all love to joke around on here and have a good time, ask questions, give opinions, get answers on things and get to know people in the process. not too many places you can do that. ENJOY..............:cool: :coolgleam :evil:

i live in harrison county,and started off the early archery season hunting here.the two different areas i hunted always had deer in range just not what i wanted.hunted leavonworth in crawford and seen deer.my dad took up hunting after not going for several years so i have been hunting washington county ,where i have seen deer every outing.i was telling him the other day,deer are so over populated around here that we are spoiled for we could take a deer at anytime.5 doe limit in harrison and washington.good luck

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.