Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any readers out there? What are you reading? What do you recommend?
I have been working on the Patrick O'Brian - Far Side of the World series. Great reading.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Any readers out there? What are you reading? What do you recommend?
I have been working on the Patrick O'Brian - Far Side of the World series. Great reading.
Max Lucado mostly, this time of year, but I like Ray Bradbury occasionally.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters.....By Meg Meeker.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Don't have much time anymore, unless I am flying somewhere for work. I enjoy reading westerns written back in the 1930's-1960's by writers such as Loius L'Amour, Max Brand, Luke Short and Zane Grey. Louis L'Amour is by far my favorite. I have over 300 westerns and all but a handful of L'Amours...all in paperback.

Can't beat A Sand County Almanac for a non-fiction read.

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
Any readers out there?
Seems like it's almost all I do.

What are you reading? What do you recommend?
Just finished Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (one of my favorites). Just getting ready to start Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man. Both of these are for my classes. When I get any time to read for strictly myself, it's usually Patrick McManus.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
. When I get any time to read for strictly myself, it's usually Patrick McManus.
Can't go wrong there. McManus is a hoot.
I find myself just reading updates for work issues, takes up most of my free time.
I have been reading more gardening books and building plans to start a greenhouse in the spring. I often re-read training books for dogs, eager to get the new puppy soon.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
I like Larry McMurtry... Lonesome Dove series (there are 4 of them). Last summer I found his Berrybender trilogy about a family of English Aristocrats in the 1830's American West. Adventure, history, humor. Excellent reads all.A couple of years ago, while on vacation, I found "A Hunter's Journey-the education of an outdoorsman" by Dan Prusi. A collections of tales and remembrances from his life as a hunter and fisherman.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
JC - you really dug that post out from the past!
I know Mark, was kinda "goofing" around, but look what an after-life it has...

For short reads I also like:
"The Big Two Hearted River"...
"Of Mice and Men...'

1 - 20 of 25 Posts