close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anybody hunting late archery??

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by cjones46, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Anybody planning on going out with the ol' pointy stick again this year?? I'm contemplating another trip or two just to be in the woods. I don't need the deer but if there's hunting allowed I need to be out there! If I were to get lucky enough to get another one I'd be looking to donate it to someone who really needs it. I've heard from a couple people that the deer are more than a little skittish this time of year though. Any thoughts or suggestions??

2. late archery

Yep, I'll be out there this weekend and the last weekend of season. I have not put one down yet, so I am running out of time. Good luck to all still out there and have a safe new year!

3. Still going out a few times to try for a good buck. Most of the nice ones I saw during the rut are still out there. Late season is similar to early season in that scent control is very important due to skittish deer. Otherwise, unlike early season, find where the big ones are holed up and go for broke and get in the sensitive areas and try to be invisible. This warm weather is not helping things.:help:
    Oldrookie said "put one down"

4. WITH ME, ALOT DEPENDS ON THE WEATHER. IF IT STAYS MILD LIKE TODAY, I WILL DEFINATELY CONSIDER IT. FROM PAST EXPERIENCES, IT IS NOT ALOT OF FUN BOWHUNTING WHEN IT IS 20 DEGREES OUT. THE BULKIER CLOTHING THAT YOU HAVE TO WEAR, AND THE FACT THAT YOUR BOW DOES NOT WANT TO BEND AS EASILY, PLUS YOUR STAND TENDS TO SQUEAK A LITTLE MORE, ALL MAKE LATE ARCHERY IN COLD TEMPS VERY DIFFICULT TO BE SUCCESSFUL. IN ADDITION THE DEER ARE MUCH MORE SKIDDISH THIS LATE IN THE SEASON.

5. Is this the same as Killed or Shot One !!!!!:confused: :16suspect :evil:

6. I'll be going out a few times, but I've got the fishin' bug pretty bad right now!

7. Actually I just got in from Hunting.....Seen one nice Buck and Two does while I was walking back to the Truck....I guess i got down to early :banghead3

8. brew if i'm not mistaken "putting one down" is the same as "Killed" or "Shot one." I checked in the thesaurus just to be sure :evil:
    I think you're supposed to say "put one down" if there are any members of PETA present haha

9. Still trying to get some more does on my friends property in kosciusko county.

10. I'm done.

With the help of a new friend and a generous brother in law, I took 4 deer and have part of my brother in laws deer in the freezer. I've been busy trapping and doing my ice fishing Indian dance to make some ice. I even took the flyrod out Christmas Eve day since it was so nice, but to no avail. No, other than trapping on the fringes, my place has hopefully become a buck sanctuary since the first monday of shotgun season.

11. Of course you do. Bad 'Rookie, BAD!!!!

I went out last night, but didn't see a single deer. Oh, and BTW, if you're going to go out there this late, don't forget your jacket in the truck. The wind will eat right through all those base layers.

12. I got a visual mind image of you dancing and it wasn't pretty.......

13. i might go a couple more times. i've just been enjoying being off. went to bass pro yesterday and bought some fly tying equip. been working on some black ants. very enjoyable. gettin ready for panfishin. gotta food saver for christmas and been vacumin some meat.

14. i'm done. i've got all the meat i need and then some. plus i think my wife would kill me if i went out and shot another deer!

15. I think so.....I wanted to show my sensitivity!;)