close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone tie flies??

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Bocephus, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Anyone else here make their own lures? I like making flies and carving my own top water poppers.

2. I do. Flyfishing is still a big passion of mine. My wife and I have tied flies for better than 10 years now. Tying flies led its way to bird hunting for me (my idea to save money on bird skins...that never worked), got me hooked on upland birds and dogs. We've even traveled a good deal looking for fly/trout waters, been through TN to MI and out to OR. All good times.

3. A friend of mine ties them for me, I dont have the patience. :banghead3

WELCOME TO THE SITE, Everyone here is CRAZY

4. I have tried to tie flies, but man those things are too small and squirmy for my fingers LOL

It looks fun, but I am no good at those kind of things

5. Welcome Bocephus

I have thought about trying my hand at it, but I always hit them too hard with the swatter, and there's nothing left to tie to the hook :yikes: ..... Just kidding. I did make a handful back when the wife was into the "crafting phase" but she quit buying the colored feathers:chicken: and fancy yarns....

BTW Hickorynut, I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell......

Sparky

6. A friend's wife ties them for us. They are truly works of art. The ones I tied in the past left me with nothing but a bare hook on the first cast, but her's would stand up to salmond time and time again, until we were broken off.

MIDH