Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we're finally getting some Hard water, anyone interested in a Indiana Sportsman (assuming the board approves???) - Ice Outing?

If the weather holds we should have enough ice in a week or so for a bunch of us to get out. (If no safe Ice we could meet for a cup of joe and swap lies...oops I mean stories..)

Be good to put some faces with the handles...

Maybe on Webster lake?

Good fishing and coffe shops in the area...

If interested reply to this thread.

Sparky:fish:

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
RE: anyone interested

Keep me posted. I'm new to the site, but live 15 minutes from Webster. The ice on my lake is trashed for the time being. 8 inches of snow is pretty hard on fresh ice.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i grew up around pierceton...so i am game.....

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would be interested, if I can find time in my busy schedule. I'm not quite shure where webster lake is but my GPS will know i'm shure. I've never done any ice fishing so i'll be a newby... I'd love to try it though! It just don't seem right, fishing from a little hole when normally I would have the whole lake to cast too... :rolleyes:

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
alhersch said:
I would be interested, if I can find time in my busy schedule. I'm not quite shure where webster lake is but my GPS will know i'm shure. I've never done any ice fishing so i'll be a newby... I'd love to try it though! It just don't seem right, fishing from a little hole when normally I would have the whole lake to cast too... :rolleyes:

Ice fishing is the BEST!!!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Alhersch, yep ice fishing is great. If you dont have gear you wont need to worry i'm sure there will be an extra rod or 2 and maybe a tip up too. and holes wont be a problem cause i bought a gas auger this year.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
crookedlake92 said:
Keep me posted. I'm new to the site, but live 15 minutes from Webster. The ice on my lake is trashed for the time being. 8 inches of snow is pretty hard on fresh ice.
I heard they are fishing Crooked right off of the boat ramp. What about Crane?

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
What do you all think about Jan 7th?

It looks like we'll have great Ice by then.
I'll get the low down from my buddies up in Webster to see where they are fishing.

We will meet at the mid-lakes shopping center, there is a coffee shop there called the Light house, and a bait shop, and an Army surplus store if anyone needs some Mickey Mouse boots.

Let me know what time would be best for us to hook up. 6am. 7am etc. (The Light House opens at 4:00am for breakfast.)

If you need more info or details feel free to send me a PM.

Remember this is more of a meet-n-greet, but if you want to get in a dollar pool for the biggest fish I'm sure that could be arranged as well.

If you have one of the little FRS radios tune to channel 7 for the outing.

ICE ON!

Sparky

PS If you don't ICE FISH but want to meet some of the guys here on the Board, feel free to stop on out for some Jo at the Light House.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yesh... North Webster, I go through there from time to time. My cousin had his pontoon on Lake Wawasee this year, and we went fishing w/ him a time or two. Didn't catch nuthin though.

I don't wanna sound too dumb, :confused: What are mickey mouse boots? I got all kinds of boots, but none are mickey mouse boots. :16suspect (That I know of)

Sounds like fun and I should be able to be there, since I won't have a job by then. :bash: :rant:

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey No Problem.. These are Mickey mouse Boots

Hope to see you there!

Sparky

1 - 20 of 34 Posts