close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ark pix

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by Morchella Fella, Jan 21, 2007.

1. here are a few arkansas pix .... rained 3 days straight then froze up tight the last 2 while there ... but ended up being a decent trip ... had a great time .... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!! I will hunt Stuttgart one day!!!!

3. That 3rd photo sums it up nice, wouldn't you say?

4. Love that picture of all those snow's. Looks like a great trip. How much did you spend at mack's? LOL, Congrats on the jewlery and a great trip.

5. Looks like an awesome trip. Congratulations, those are some great pictures.

6. Looked like a blast. Congrats on a good trip.

7. thanx guys .... if ya havent ever made it down there yet during season .... ya have to go !!! the amount of birds is amazing .... the last day we were there we didnt kill a single bird due to property lines and where the birds wanted to be .... but just to sit back and watch the amount/variety of birds was still well worth gettin cold/wet ..... pintails are one of my favorite birds .... and in the area we hunt we see more pintails than any other type of duck .... as far as snows, and blues ... there are TONS of em ... the Garwood area of TX has nuthin on the spots we hunt in Arkansas .... altho lacking in specks there are quite a few around .... the 3 things that killed the hunt was ..... rain... it had rained alot before we got down there and our host told us that the area looked like an ocean ... lol ... he wasnt lyin .... then add to that it rained 3 days solid raising the river levels and floodin fresh fields for the birds to feed in and addin alot more areas for the birds to work so they were spread thin (thin there would be thick here in indiana as far as bird numbers) .... then the freeze up killed it for the last two days .... and the most important factor was .... STALE BIRDS .... the majority of the birds wouldnt even alter their wingbeats or tilt a head when called to ... i have NEVER seen anything like it ..... most flew 100 yrds or so high so even pass shootin was out of the question .... the birds that were there seemed to have been there for a LONG time .... but it was well worth the time and money

8. Looks as though you had a great time Morchella. Man, all those birds...that's pretty wild. I'm not a waterfowler, but that looked really cool. All I have to say to that is......:coco: Duck Hunters!!!!:biggrin:

Looks like a great time....

9. Beauty of a sprig in that second photo! Looks like a blast!

10. Cool photos. One of these days I'm going to get down there for a hunt.

11. Nice photos. Looks like a fun time.