close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Atterbury's New Range

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by jackc99, May 30, 2007.

1. Here's a few pics from yesterday's dedication of the Camp Atterbury Range:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jack

2. Thanks...looks pretty fancy-pants. I knew it was open but I couldn't find anyone with info. I'm going to miss the old range. Just shooting at left over boxes and jugs in the dirt backstop was a lot of fun.

3. Just down the road from my office! Man, I am excited. Should be a really nice place to shoot.

4. WOW, THATS MUCH NICER THAN I EXPECTED. THE OLD ONE WAS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. WAY TO GO DNR.

5. That's pretty awesome.:coolgleam Pretty inexpensive to shoot too.

6. That is EXACTLY like the range they opened a few years ago at Kingsbury FWA.

Fuzzy

7. This is the 3rd in a series of ranges the DNR is opening. I think they will do at least one and probably two more before the money dries up.

Jack

8. does the Range at Kingsbury also charge ?

What does the private company that runs this range get out of the deal?

Why charge at all?
    Just wondereing

did they put this up for bid for anyone company to run ?

Thanks for your response in adavnce

9. No idea on the answers to your questions. Call Mark Reiter at DNR and ask him.

Jack

10. Thanks for the reply Jack

Lonnie

11. It looks bigger than Kingsbury. Same Concrete baffle system tho. Pretty. Safe. But NOISY. Almost as bad as shooting indoors.

I'm guessing the fees help pay for consumables (target stands and clays).

12. Hey Jack....any idea where the other two might go? Nice looking facility. I agree with OI....I bet they go through a load of frames.

13. I'm betting that the next one will go south but what do I know?

Jack