close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ATV preference

Discussion in '4 Wheeling - ATV's' started by jajwrigh, Jul 27, 2005.

1. What types of ATVs are you guys running and with what size engines? I may buy on next year and I am curious to see what you all have tried out.

2. I have a Honda Foreman 450 ES. It has plenty on power and always starts. I haul firewood, pull logs and plow snow and it never seems to lack the get up and go to get the job done:)

3. do you take it ice fishing?

4. I guess I could but never have. I'm not even sure what the Indiana requirements are?

5. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

I still run a Honda 110 ATC 85' three wheeler. Gets the job done for me.

6. I have a Polaris 600, and it has plenty of power to do whatever you want to do. I also have a raptor 660. That's not good for hauling, but if you want to get out and really have fun, that's the answer. I also know a friend who has a grizzly 660. That's the answer. Locking front and rear differential. It's a horse. Go anywhere tow anything.

7. A pair of Yamaha Big Bear 350's and a Honda Rubicon 500 -- all are 4x4 utility and serve all our purposes well.

We can haul more ammo and tow a larger trailer witht he Honda is why we got it. We have about 1300 acres south of Bl;oomington we ride/camp/hunt on and there are some pretty steep hills there.

8. '01 Honda Rubicon with more add-ons than I care to mention. If I were to buy a new atv today I'd start my search with the Arctic Cat 650 and my search would probably end there.

With that said, my needs would better be served by a Yamaha Rhino.

9. atv's

Ya cant go wrong with a polaris sportsman!!!!! I have had one since 2002 and its been awesome. Low maintenance, smooth ride, does great on hills in southern indiana.