Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm currently looking to buy a 4 wheeler and I'm not sure which direction to go. Main uses will be for deer hunting and very light trail riding. I've been looking at Honda Ranchers and the Polaris Sportsmans.

Anyone have any suggestions/experiences they could share about the pros and cons of a certain model?

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I own a Sportsman 800 got over 6,000 miles on it still runs like a new one ,,, I have rode Hondas, kawasaki's And about any thing else,, You will never get a smother ride then sportsman,,,,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input, seems to be a common theme with what I've heard. Most folks tell me the Honda is most reliable and cost is right but the Sportsman is the smoothest machine. Hadn't heard much about the kawasakis and arctic at but I'll look into it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have the the Polaris Sportsman XP550 w power steering. I bought it new in 09. It's been one great quad for the $7000 I gave for it. Plenty of power, smooth ridin and the maintance has been minamal. I mean I've only had to replace the breaks on the front( $12) and fluid changes. Its been a good one!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good lookin new toy dwh. That probably won't fit my "light trail riding" use for now but I could see myself wanting one of those in the future! Have fun and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
When I worked for the WSFWS as a fire fighter the ones you could ALWAYS get on and go all over the USA were the Hondas and MY choice when I got a 450ES Forman in 2004 no regrets no problems

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.