close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Baby during turkey season...

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by cjones46, Feb 1, 2007.

1. I just checked the hunting reg's for spring turkey this year. My first child should be here right around april 22nd. Turkey season starts April 25th. My wife seems to think this is going to keep me from hunting spring gobblers haha. Is it wrong that I hope the kid is a week early so I have time to get acclimated to the new little guy and still go hunting haha?? Is it wrong for me to consider turkey hunting while shes in the hospital haha?? What do you guys think?
    I can't wait to see what you guys have to say about this one...

:evil::evil::evil:

2. Turkey hunting will always be around...the birth of your first child will come once. Be there for the birth, and then let me put you on a bird.

3. Congrats on the baby. I think ill leave those questions up to the guys with experience. Im sure there's a few guys on here that were present during their childs birth in a camo jacket and a blaze orange cap.

4. Don't misunderstand me...I will be there with the worlds biggest smile and box of stogies when my baby boy is born. I wouldn't miss this for anything. But she'll be in the hospital for a couple days afterwards right hahahahaha. I actually have this feeling that I'm going to be so overwhelmed by the little guy that I won't be hunting much this spring. But talking about hunting keeps me from feeling overwhelmed already...

5. Becoming a parent does something to you that is hard to explain. It's the greatest feeling in the world. Don't be surprised if you don't want to go hunting. On the other hand, if you do decide to go, that's perfectly understandable. By the way, they do make infant clothing in camo now so you could always take the baby with you. Congratulations and best of luck on your upcoming arrival.

6. My dad was pheasant hunting when "the call" came in! I was born on the opener of pheasant season in MI.

7. That explains so much JL...
    I come from a family of ballplayers.
    My little sister was born on the day of the state championship tourney...
    so my dad missed day one of the tourney but he was there for day two haha.

8. I still remember it like yesterday. I was standing in the middle of Trail Creek catching some killer salmon on a day when they were stacked up in there. One after another having a BLAST. And then the beeper started going off. 911 it kept saying. I knew what it was. Sure didnt want to leave, but thats the way it goes. Guess what though,, the fish were still there 2 days later. That day was 10/13/97

9. thats a great story pigeon...
    i dont think i'm gonna be allowed outta the house when it gets close to time...

10. One of my best friend's wife and my wife were pregnant at the same time, in fact our kids were born two weeks apart. My buddy was on the golf course the day his wife went into labor. He didn't bother to tell her where he was playing and they could not get ahold of him (keep in mind this was before the days of cell phones). His mother-in-law called me, told her I would get him and meet them at the hospital and I drove like a bat outa hell to the course I knew he was playing, grabbed a golf cart and found him. We managed to make it to the hospital in time and everything was fine. Problem was, my wife "grounded" me until my daughter was born, said there was no way she was going to go take a chance on me not being around went she went into labor.
    :banghead3 :banghead3

11. hahahaha
    damn golf!!! it'd have been a little tougher if he'd been fishing though haha

12. What would Dr. Phil do...

This one is so easy, I find it hard to imagine the others haven't filled you in on the correct choice here. You're wife will hurt you if you're not there, so don't even bother scouting for turkey this year. The good news is that there are always little t.v's in the delivery rooms, so just take your dvd player, grab your favorite turkey hunting cd, and enjoy the best of both worlds. You're wife may even enjoy this, as watching the action on t.v. may divert her attention from the pain of child birth. Oh, one more thing....if it's a boy, might want to call him Tom.

13. haha thanks for the advice quail...
    his name is brady...
    but only because dean was already taken!!!

14. Miss it this year (turkey) and just remember from now on you and your boy get to celebrate his b-day in style, for life....in the woods bustin' gobblers!!!

15. Ah, the first ones almost always come a week or two late. You'll get some turkey time in.

Congrats! Don't even worry about missing turkey season. There will be many more in years to come. There is nothing better then the birth of your child. Pretty cool.:coolgleam