Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently moved back to Indiana and retired after nearly 40 years in Texas. I plan on 2 or 3 out of state guided hunts a year, but would really like to find someplace locally to hunt as well. I am in the Madison County area and was wondering if there were any places to lease or day hunt within an hour or two of here. Mostly interested in rifle hunting, but I do own a muzzleloader and wouldn't be opposed to bow hunting (crossbow, as my shoulder won't let me hold steady at full draw anymore). Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just recently moved back to Indiana and retired after nearly 40 years in Texas. I plan on 2 or 3 out of state guided hunts a year, but would really like to find someplace locally to hunt as well. I am in the Madison County area and was wondering if there were any places to lease or day hunt within an hour or two of here. Mostly interested in rifle hunting, but I do own a muzzleloader and wouldn't be opposed to bow hunting (crossbow, as my shoulder won't let me hold steady at full draw anymore). Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Welcome back and to the board. Not a lot of traffic on here, but a few do check in.
Looking at the map, I didn't realize how little public hunting there is in the north half of the state. The closest to you for public hunting might be Salamonie or Mississinawa resevoirs.
You may be able to find some info in some of the past threads on here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts