close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad Luck

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by dirtyq, Oct 24, 2006.

1. I found out today that I got drawed for opening day at Conrad Savanna nature preserve in Newton County. The place where Seabee mentioned giants rome. Only 12 hunters were drawn. So I was super excited, then only hours later I found out this property is being ran different than all other reduction hunts in that deer taken count against your yearly total. With that I am eliminated from taking a buck because I was lucky enough to already fill my buck tag. Guess there's always next year but I'm sure I'll never get drawn again.

2. That sucks bad. You never know, maybe next year.

3. well you'll get more familur with the land for next year so just think of it as scouting and prayt u get drawn again

4. I bet there are some HUGE doe in there.......do the antlerless count toward the state limit too?

5. That sucks.

Does this mean now you can help me move in to the new house??? just kidding!

6. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

You have got to be kidding me, that sucks, i grew up by that place,its been a no hunting area forever, even before the obr, as kids we would all go down to "conrads" to shine for big deer. Thats where we would see the big boys! Major white oak flats, unfortunatley they are opening it up to as many hunters as you want on monday after shotgun weekend so it wont take but a few days and the deer will be pushed onto private ground. Mark my word, someone will be a very happy hunter on opening day out there!