close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by JMBfishing2008, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Im from delaware county around Albany and i just witnesses a Bald Eagle in delaware county. I was wondering if anyone else has seen an eagle around delaware county or any where else in Indiana???

2. There are many Eagles in Vermillion County that nest along the Wabash River near Cinergy's Cayuga Generating Station. They nest there due to the water being open all winter in that area because of the warm water discharge from the plant. The Eagles are able to feed on the fish in the area due to the open water. I also believe there are several on Lake Monroe in the southern part of the state.

treehugger

3. I see about a billion of them when I fish on Patoka every year.

4. We have three nesting pairs in Kosciusko County, they had a picture in the Warsaw paper of one fishing Winona lake.

5. I have seen a few in West Virginia mostly in the north eastern part of the state.

6. There used to be a pair in the nature preserve here on Crooked Lake ..... haven't seen them in years.

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Saw one at Lake George last summer...just came flying though...by the time I ran into the cottage to get the camera, he was gone and never came back...but there were people who never saw one before who were just amazed at their size and majesty.

8. have some property just north of Lake Lemon in Monroe county and I see some every once in a while. The property has a 25 acre lake on it and I've seen some immature ones sitting up in the trees at the waters edge.