Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that there is a new expose in Sports Illustrated this week documenting Barry's steriod habits, how does he stack up in the forum of public opinion?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
As if the thought of putting a question mark behind his name when they put him in the hall of fame was enough now they are going to put an asteric there too. Makes you wonder how much he did and how much the drugs did for his career. I remember when he came in the league with the Pirates, he was a long skinny kid. You look at him now and you can't even see his friggin neck. Personally he is an as***le, seen him in person once wouldn't stop for a kid to sign a autograph

an pretty much walked through the crowd as if we were'nt there. Arrogant to the bone.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
personelly he should be banned and all his records should be taken away. but the leagues have known this has been going on for yrs. and have covered it up as long as they could. bonds ain't the only one by far.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
ChapstickCharlie said:
Now that there is a new expose in Sports Illustrated this week documenting Barry's steriod habits, how does he stack up in the forum of public opinion?
It solidifies my opinion of him.....LOSER.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Bond is a loser to the baseball world of grown ups put there still is children that like him. He's in the hall of fame and Pete Rose is not. I think thats wrong.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yeah, he had me fooled too. HIm, Sosa, Mcguire, Palmario. and Conseco are just the ones who's abuse has become obvious. Thewre are probably soooooo many more who fly under the radar it would surprise us all.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
2 more ......what a cheater

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
And Pete Rose is banned for life because he bet on games????

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I believe if any and I mean any one person who does not go may the rules should be kicked out of sports. If you think about how many times will you boss let you keep doing it over and over before you are fired. WOW I don't want my grandchildren even to watch any sports do to the bad habits they do and it's OK to do it. BAND THEM FROM PLAYING SPORTS and stop paying them all that money.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I played baseball to put myself through college and the general consensus around the teams were holy shitballs did you see how far that ball went. But now that he is lying about it makes it a whole different ballgame. HOly smokes we all know when you came into the league you were 180 pounds and drafted to be a lead off hitter in centerfield and you were told to steal bases cause you were fast. But chics dont dig the stolen base. No sir they dig the long ball and so do the fans and the bosses, and the pay checks. We all know you used for cripe sakes you gained 75 pounds of solid fricking muscle. Your arms are bigger around than your waist used to be. Lets be realistic that doesnt happen to anybody i dont care who you are. Stop the lying and trying to cover it all up. You used. And for the record. Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame, and i hope your knee blows out and you dont break anymore records just because you are lying. And one more thing mr bonds. If you ever use the race card again i hope like hell that some one busts you in the mouth. We arent bothering you because you are a black man trying to make it in the professional sports world (hell seems like an oxy-moron to me.) . We are bothering you cause we want the truth. Just give it up already.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
:yeahthat: ...what he said.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oKAAAAy here we go, I AM bothering him because he is a black man! I don't need, nobody needs a black man cheating in these times. Nobody wants for the guy who ends up being the biggest cheater in sports history to be a black man. Too many have suffered and too many have tried to avoid just that. Barry baby let down everybody, those of his color, anyone who ever played lil league, anyone who ever had a childhood hero. And damn him he does this as a black man. He let down every white person in America who longs for equality for all colors.

Ok hey as a side thought, anyone here know that the media back in the day hid the fact from the public that the Babe only hit like 18 dingers one year because he was battling syphilious? They said it was a stomache virus. Gives new meaning to the phrase 'nice dinger Babe' doesn't it. :bouncy:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
tree your right on bonds and I don't know why the baseball commissioner and all the CEO's have not banded bonds or stop this about the recorder of him breaking Ruth record. Ruth was a special man no drugs just good old meat and potatoes guy. This is for nothing more than the money. Yes I to agree that Rose should be in the Hall Of Frame. If baseball would pay everyone for what they are worth there would be a lot of new faces in baseball.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Believe me when I say, I think Bonds is an guilty of using steriods, but if we the people, the media, etc. is going to bash him and throw his records out, I think we need to do it to a whole list of others: Palmerio, Sosa, McGwire, Canseco, etc. All four of those guys made an embarassment out of baseball when they were on Capital Hill testifying before Congress. No comment made me more ill than McGwire's, "I am not here to talk about the past!" Hell, Sosa somehow forgot how to speak English (even though I heard him speak it quite well during interviews throughout his career). Not one of them could answer a question honestly, and all of them plead the 5th.

It is not just one person's fault, it is everyone's. The owners loved the big crowds that were coming to the game when both teams were hitting (and still are) 5 or 6 homers a night, especially after the 94 strike. The players didn't care because there was no policy against it for years (EVEN THOUGH IT IS ILLEGAL FOR YOU AND ME TO HAVE STERIODS).

Hopefully nobody believes that Barry was the only person using roids thoughout the past 10 years in baseball.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
If it is illegal to possess and use 'roids...then why don't any of these guys ever get arrested? Same goes for football players, etc. when they have to sit out games due to not passing a drug test? Players admit they use, example: Ricky Williams and hippie lettuce...and they don't get arrested...I just don't understand it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts