close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Rangefinder

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by buck_hunter21, Jul 15, 2007.

1. In the market for my first range finder, but not sure which one is the best one for me. I honestly don't mind spending money on something that I will use a lot but I also do not want to spend a for tune. Any recommendations?

2. Nikon 600 works great for me...

The new Leupolds w/ the TBR is kinda cool.. but your yardage from the treestand is only 1-2 yrd diff than the yardage from the ground. Would work very well out west where you might be shooting 60yds down the side of a mountain... but all but useless shooting 20-30yds out of a treestand.

But buy whatever floats your boat...

3. I got a Nikon440 for $150 off of eBay. I have not yet used it in a hunting situation, but I love it so far for 3D archery shoots. I personally like the fact that it's more compact than the Bushnell equivalent. That TBR stuff is pretty cool, but like KBacon said, it would not be worth the price difference here.

4. I had a Bushnell Sport for years. Worked pretty good, but it was bulky. This past winter I upgraded to a Leopold RX-1. I've messed around with it a lot. So far I'm very happy with it. Compact, reliable, accurate, and incredible glass.

I've heard good things about the Nikons as well. I considered a Nikon as I love their binos and scopes, but for the same money I felt the Leopold glass was better.

5. i agree with hunter i like my nikon and is well priced look around my find a good used one