close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Better late than never...

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by QuailDancer, Jun 22, 2006.

1. This morning driving to work, I saw my first wild turkey in Whitley Co.!!!
    Maybe there is hope for this turkey devoid section of the state after all.
    It was a hen by the way.

2. There'll be a million of 'em around there in 3 yrs.

3. About 4 years ago I was coming accross county line road just west of community hospital on the southside of indy at about 8:00 in the morning. The traffic started slowing for what at first looked like a goose crossing the road...wrong...it was a hen turkey. There is a small field on the north side of the road. I assume she was coming or going from there. She was just standing there in the middle of a 4 lane road without a clue where to go. I went that way to work for 2 more years and never saw a turkey again.

4. From your lips to God's ears, James.

5. It was not that long ago that you didnt see any in St Joe county... Now they are all over,coming into town and digging throught the trash cans like dogs:bonk:

6. problem turkeys

I believe when the wild turkeys come into town and start digging through trash they are considered "problem turkeys" and you could probably spurred and or beaked by one of these aggressive birds. Probably have to start darting them like black bears.

Eric:chicken: :help:

7. i remember having a rooster get aggresive with me one time that was bad enough god forbid a big tom lol

8. Good for you Quail, I have seen 4 turkeys at Scotts house and 5 right off of Old Trail near Larwill on the railroad track while scouting for deer and mushrooms.