close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bi Focal shooting

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by Big Rig, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I'd be interested in some input from some other, eh "experienced" shooters who wear bifocals. I have always shot with just distance glasses since the target looked "fuzzy" when using the reading portion of the bifocals. Yesterday, I was at the range and had forgotten the distance glasses and found myslef using the reading portion of the bifocals.

Obviuosly the sight alingment (open sights) was better and my groups were tighter. The black spot looked a little fuzzy but I could still pick it up alright. Trying to use the top half of the glasses made it so I had trouble seeing the sights together.

Anybody else experience this? How do other bifocal users deal with this?

Another lousy part of getting old!!!!

2. I go with long distance lenses also. My glasses are actually trifocal with the blended no line lense. For outdoors I have gone with long distance only. My problem with the muzzleloader is I actually look over the top of my frames when looking through the scope. Not as bad of an issue with a scope vs sights. I probably couldn't pull it off. Archery so far has not been an issue. The thing I hate about glasses is they fog up when I have the mask on.

3. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

I would try usjnd her gion vkoe, I dke ysahe and hed gts resil. I hope yid hey ejbfjking worked out. I djoe fksll gomdht to get some new glasses next week. Good kyck with it!!

4. Try buffing your glasses with some bar soap, dawn dish soap, if that don't work get some cat crap http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=608&memberId=12500226
    also toothpaste, and rain-x will work to. I sure am glad I wear contacts now.

5. :confused:

6. I too only use the distance when hunting, can't walk in the woods with the bi focals. Archery has been OK, seems the top half just fits.

I have tried the rainX, works a little but most of the time if I am really hoofing I take the glasses off to try and keep them from fogging.:banghead3

Trying to learn to just walk slower:bonk:

Tried contacts, can't get myself to get aything that close to my eye.:dizzy: