close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

big lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by psychobubba, Jul 12, 2005.

1. did good on bass too hot for the gills will give er a go next week end.might go to pike or golden ?
    fish on !:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish2: :fish2: :dizzy:

2. if you want to get into some decent gills right now.you want to to to Pigeon east of Angola.Those gills are still up on beds right against shore. Only because there is no boat trafic.

3. tnks ice dude i may have to try that never fished that one .have been going to hogback and golden alot just been too hot to sit still .i have family on hamilton said they were still on the beds there ,but if you dont go in the week you cant fish ,:banghead3 every one just burns the gas going round and round :coco:

4. There were still some gills bedding on the Coldwater Chain also.

Have friends who did great on the gills and perch on Hogback earlier in the year. Filled a basket full!

Pigeon Lake has a new access site this year. Much easier to get in an out. I haven't fished it yet this year, but it's been a good lake for crappies too. Water is stained, so it can be difficult to spot fish in some areas. Try around the end of the fallen trees for the crappie. Good luck!

P.S. Hamilton lake has been producing great crappie & Pike fishing this year. Fish the drop offs. Just make sure you go during the week. It's been a circus out there with the jet skis and other watercraft.
    Tight Lines.

5. tnks bigbass 101 went to site will see you there too .:)

6. If you guys ever get a chance. Stop by the Angler in Helmer Indiana. Paul and Susan have a board up with some fish pictures on it. There is a bass that was over 7 lbs. caught out of Golden Lake, and Paul has a bluegill mounted that he caught out of Clear lake. It weighed 1.2 lbs. I've seen some huge gills in that lake. It may be worth a try.
    Tight lines.