close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bipolaroutdoorsman kills a big one!

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by goggleye57, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Here's my Nephew - killed this big one on opening morning 11 point at least 200 lbs field dressed. 195 yard shot with a slug gun in Parke County. I didn't get nothin on opening day![​IMG]

2. Goggleye. Tell that nephew of yours he doesn't have to kill a monster buck every time he hunts. He sounded concerned "how do I top this". In the other thread I told him about how the feelings inside come back year after year, even if it isn't a big monster buck. You have a great nephew there.
    Congratulations to both of you.
    -Dan- ;)

3. Great buck. I hope to connect with one like that. I passed up a few deer this weekend. Going to hit my honey hole this evening for the first time, i let the weekend warriors have there fun in there all day sat and sun and then i go in there during the week when all is quiet and no one else around.

4. THANKS!

Yeah I think you have the right idea about letting it get pressured during the weekend and hunting it during the week. I think thats what we might do next year is stay down in southern Indiana a few extra days so we can hunt the farm that I killed this buck on when theres not 8 people running around on it. There was one other really nice buck killed and 5 or 6 other nice ones seen so hopefully they will grow a little more for next year :)

Good Luck to ya!

5. great deer, good shooting

6. Is that 195 yards with a 12 gauge slug? 195 yards sounds like a 308 slug. You are the man if its a shotgun:bowdown:

7. Shotgun Slug

ITs a Shotgun Slug. I am shooting a Mossberg 835 12 gauge with a rifled bore barrell. Shooting the Winchester Partition Gold Slugs. Have it sighted in for 150 yards, 2.8 inches high at 50 yards is dead on at 150. Broke his spine with the first shot and he tried getting back up and put another one in him from the same distance to put him down. I couldnt believe the reports that I had heared about these slugs killing deer out past 200 yrds but now I am a true believer in them.

8. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

That is one big deer...congratulations