close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bird seasoning

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by indylandon, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Have you guys heard of this. www.seasonshot.com Had a buddy tell me about it, so I had to look it up. Wonder if it works.

2. You've got to be kidding me. That is just odd....

3. Sounds good if it works.............anybody tried it yet?

4. That has to be a joke right? Man the things people come up with.....

5. ??????Are you kidding me??????

6. I'm gonna go reload some shells right now........... Gotta whole lotta spice and seasoned salt....... lol is that LEGAL?????????????

7. As long as it's not lead... I don't see why not.

8. I clicked on the "How it works" section of the website and it told me absolutely nothing about how this works. Tell ya what, one of you guys kills some birds with it (for field testing purposes) and I'll come over and taste test it haha.

9. Actually, they said "Season Shot is made of tightly packed seasoning bound by a fully biodegradable food product. "

Now, having worked in food manufacturing before, I can see how this could be theoretically possible.

Take ultra-finely ground &/or soluable seasonings and compress them under high pressure with water soluable stabilizers to make super dense, but dissolvable, pellets of seasoning. Think about somthing like those little pellets in a cold capsule.

I would think it couldn't have more than 1/3 the density of steel, but it still might work for short ranges.

10. Thanks for clearing that up?? I saw that line. I was able to read it. I even understood it. However I was looking for something a bit more informative than a "Biodegradable food product." If you're hungry enough used toilet paper could be a "fully biodegradable food product." :tdo12::tdo12::tdo12::tdo12::tdo12:

I'd like to know what it actually is before I put it in my body. Thats all.

I'm just being ornery, all I care about is how it tastes :bonk::bonk:

11. I would guess a starch/salt copolymer (polimerizing startch is a really interesting trick...) but I don't really know. I'd love to see the patent...

12. My grandpappy used to season the neighbor's dog when it got into the trash. It was called ROCK SALT.

I wonder what type of choke would be appropriate?

13. That cracked me up, flintlocker!:cwm27: My papa used to do the same. Rock salt seasoning.

14. Someone stole my idea.....oh well sign me up for some.........:coco:

15. Maybe this is some of that stuff that Emeril sells. You know his catch phrase..."BAM!"