close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Blazer Vanes

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by buck_hunter21, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I'm new to the bow hunting scene and have a question. I bought my first set of arrows couple days ago (Easton Axis). Couple buddies told me I should put blazer vanes on them. Do you guys use them and do they make a difference? If you do recommend them tell me some pluses about them.

2. :banghead3

i personally dont like them, i'm an old school archer(still like feathers). the smaller the fletch, the less aerodynamics you have...just my opinoin. good luck

3. I use them and I like them a lot.....lighter.....stronger....and maintain good flight. I have shot mine through my layered target a few times with no wrinkling. I have a few Gold Tips with DuraVanes and they wrinkle up after one passe thru on the layered target.

I have never heard of them being less aerodynamic than "banana vanes".

It all come down to what works for you....if it aint broke, don't try and break it!

4. I had my doubts about them also, but a friend of mine talked me into them. i've found they are much more stable with broadheads than the 4 inch factory vanes they put on the arrows. i have yet to have one wrinkle or get wavy on me.

5. WHAT TYPE OF REST DO YOU USE, BECAUSE OF THE HEIGHT OF THE VANES SOME REST SUCH AS THE WHISKER BUSCUIT DO NOT WORK WELL WITH THAT VANE. I THINK YOU WOULD NEED A DROP AWAY TYPE OF REST FOR BEST CLEARANCE WITH BLAZER VANES.

6. i shoot them through a wisker biscuit. never had a problem with clearance in it.

7. Have a pro put them on. They are extremely finnicky. Ive heard great things about them when applied properly, but when applied a little askew they tend to create more problems than they resolve. Best of luck with your new found addiction.

8. used every type of vane then i tried 4inch feathers and i'm impressed with the feathers the arrow does fly alot better and i don't see a difference in the speed they say they are a little slower but i tried straight and helical and i found the helical have better penitration and they fly great
    i think it would be a good idea for anyone to keep a few plastic vanes in the case for the rainy days
    its alot of fun and good experience to fletch them yourself mess one up shooting fix it

9. i USE THE 2 INCH BLAZER VANES WITH GOLD TIPS AND A WHISKER BISCUIT AND THEY ARE GREAT. USUALLY THE WHISKER BISCUIT WILL WRINKLE YOUR FLETCHING BUT WITH THE BLAZERS IT DOESNT SEEM TO BOTHER THEM. I SEEM TO HAVE GAINED A FEW FPS ON MY ARROW WITH THIS SETUP!!

10. I love my blazers, I did have some clearance problems at first with the cables on my bow, but i put a new cable slide on that pulled the cables over a little more and now everything is fine, I think that blazers are the only way to go if your using a whisker biscuit.