close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

blooper time !!

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by scrapewatcher, Jan 7, 2007.

1. ok fella's the season's over a new year what was your most embarrasing moments or funniest moments or strange happenings in the woods this past year hunting or fishing. don't be shy there were some good ones last yr. :yikes:

2. sitting on my but ,bow hanging on the hook,heard a crash looked over a big 10 pt at 20 yards ,he was looking my direction and i could not move , he was panting like crazy with his toung hanging out ,i have never seen anything like it,he looked behind him and took off , i could not figure it out ,and about a minute later 2 little yap yap black dogs with matching red collers came through and followed his trail if i ever see those dogs again............

3. Ill admit myn. Well, the first time out on Oct. 1 I got im my stand that morning and sat tight for about 5 minutes when I realized that I forgot to nock an arrow. So I grabbed my bow and pulled one out of the quiver when I realized that my arrows were equipped with field tips!!!! I had sited in my broadheads the previous week, but the day before I shot with on of my buddies while using field tips and I never replaced them with my broadheads. So since it was early I took my glory walk back to the house only to have my family laugh at me. I got my broadheads and headed back to my stand. And that my friends is where the brain fart was invented!

4. Quarter mile walk into the woods with my climber, get the climber hooked up, climb 25 ft. up, pull my bow up, get settled in, knock an arrow......... no arrow...........left my quiver sitting on top of my vehicle. Did a lot of cussin that day, especially after walking back from getting my quiver and falling going up a muddy hill..........broke the pins on my sight.

5. Every hunters best friend when it comes to taking a deer from deep in the brush to their pickup is a ATV. It makes a life a lot easier. Well, the first day of gun season this year my cell rang and on the other end was a buddy requesting my ATV to hall three deer. I get to his home and drive about .5 to 3/4 mile into this block of ground he owns. I meet up with them on the edge of a good, sloppy swamp. They point me to the deer and lucky to my surprise they just had to fall about 75 yards or better into this prime swamp. I think no problem, put it in 4x4 and hit the swamp like you see a Polaris Sportsman do on tv. A buddy and I make it to the deer without a problem besides leaving a nice water and rutted trail about 6-8 inches deep. We throw the deer on, two on the front and buddy and deer on the back plus me. BIG LOAD. We head back towards true land and a quater of the way in it gets DEEPER than it was on the way. I punch the gas and to my luck we loose the two deer to the front. There was no stopping at this point. With a little more gas we made it to land: 1 atv, me and buddy, and one deer.:banghead3

Now we sit on solid land a play paper, rock, scissors to see which of the 6 of us is going in for the two biggest does. I already ruled the ATV+me:coolgleam out because having the atv stuck well you get the point. I tell you what. I wish I would of had my camera with me cause after a 10-15 minute struggle, loosing their knee high boots, and face planting the mud, I had a hard time keeping the laughter tears back. So much for making it a easy day in the field.

$10= for atv fuel and cleaning supplies
    $20x 6= hunters hazard pay
    TASTE OF WHITETAIL DEER = PRICELESS

6. WELL HERE IS MY FRIGHT NIGHT , PASSED UP MANY DECENT BUCKS DURING BOW SEASON, DIDNT GET ANY DECENT SHOTS AT DOE SO DURING SHOTGUN SEASON SEEN WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A NICE DOE AT 65 YDS. TOOK THE SHOT , GOT DOWN TO START TRACKING HER WENT THROUGH SOME THICK BRUSH AND PROCEEDED TO FLING MY BRAND NEW 300 DOLLAR GLASSES INTO THE SWAMP WEEDS & WATER , OF COURSE COULD NOT FIND THEM SO WENT BACK AFTER THE DOE , FOUND THE DEER ABOUT 50 YDS. LATER TO MY SURPRISE IT WAS A SPIKE BUCK WITH 2 THREE AND HALF INCH SPIKE WICH HID PERFECTLY BEHIND EACH EAR , SO TO SOME UP MY NIGHT ONE BURNT BUCK TAG , 600 DOLLARS WORTH OF GLASSES AFTER REPLACING THEM, :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 THAT MY FRIENDS WAS FRUSTRATING TO SAY THE LEAST, AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF I DIDNT TAKE ANY PICTURES OF IT SO MY TEAM DIDNT GET ANY POINTS FOR IT , CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!! I CALLED IT THE PRIME RIB BUCK FOR WHAT I HAD IN IT!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  7. well one morning i had gotten in my stand about 30 minutes before dfaylight and everything was pieceful. about 1/2 hr. after daylight i have 3 does come to me about 15 yrds. feeding in the brush. i draw down on the biggest doe when a shot presents itsself about then some jerkoff starts blasting on his horn which sounded real close. well the deer go on alert but don't break. just as i get ready to shoot they start with the horn again. the deer spook and i'm so mad i want to scream and kill somethin. well i'm sittin there trying to calm myself down but i can't. i yell out a few choice words and realize i had lost it. i got down at 7:30 and went home. i was too mad to hunt. i called a huntin buddy to see if it was him but he said no. he in turn calls another friend of mine and schemes a plan to have the other guy call me and tells me he was cuttin wood and saw my truck and started honkin his horn. well needles to say i was pished and they thought that was the funniest thing cause i bit hook line and sinker. i never did find out who it was.

8. October 8th bowhunting hardwoods with my dad about 2-300yrds apart. I was in a funnel going to huge soybeen field. Had a big 9 and a doe pass at ten yards but I knew there were bigger deer in this area. About 30 mins before dark saw antlers coming down the trail. Biggest deer I've ever seen in my 15 years in the woods. Looked to be a heavy racked 12 pt typical and he would pass at 10 yds. I would guess in the 170 class. When he got to about 40 yds some does came in downwind of where my dad was at. Yup, one of them blew and this buck came to full attention. Ears up and looking towards where the does blew from. He and I were both frozen and these does were pretty far away. I would say 3-400 yds. At this time another doe blew a second time and that was all it took. He was instantly going back the way he came. He wanted no part of that area and didnt even care what they were blowing at. So if you ever wondered if there was a big deer in the area and a doe blew at you. He AINT coming your way! I was sure to thank my dad at dark.... but I wouldnt trade him as a hunting partner for the biggest buck in the world!

9. Opening weekend of mzldr; drive an hour and twenty minutes, get out of the truck, get all geared up, go to grab license and...............no wallet! Left it at home, so drive back to the house (1.33hrs) said to hell with it, went x-mas shopping instead.

10. Putting my headlamp on at dark one afternoon late archery and pushing the button, nothing, dead batteries. Got my lone wolf down from 25' and put together in record time to use what available light was left. Only mishap all season, wasn't very funny at the time. Think I might have taught some wildlife some new words.:mad:

11. Opening day of bow season
    I still had my bow in a hard case at that point. The quiver wouldnt fit so I put the arrows in the foam holders in the case and set the quiver by the car. We loaded up into the huntin truck and drove off with my quiver on the ground by my car.
    Carried 3 arrows in my hand to the tree. Put em in my back pack and start climbing...first time EVER in a treestand and this was a doozy. It seemed like I was 450 feet up with the smallest stand in the world underneath me. So I'm shaking like a leaf and drop my flashlight. I then attempt to pull one arrow outta my backpack and out come all three. I grabbed one and watched in horror as the other two fell to the ground...hitting every branch in the tree on their way down.
    Surprise surprise I didnt see any deer opening day haha...
    stinkin rookie mistakes...

12. Walked at to the tree that I planned on climbing for an evening hunt. I got to my tree when I realized that I had left my arrows in my bow case. Walked all the way back to the house. My kids were outside playing in the yard and they asked why I was coming back so early. I told them that I had forgot my arrows. They thought that was really funny and of course they had to run in the house and tell their Mom.