close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bonus Tags

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by treehugger, Oct 17, 2006.

1. I read in the local paper this weekend that the $15.00 Bonus Tags may be canceled if the IDNR can't get a snafu fixed in the online ordering system. Apparently there have been some people that have been able to circumvent the online ordering system and purchase their first bonus tag at $15.00 instead of the $24.00 price.

2. It's correct that there is a bug in the on-line system, but the IDNR Wild Bulletin asking for hunters to "be honest" indicated they were'nt going to try and fix the glitch this year, but rather leave system as is. Bulletin indicated they had contacted the 100 or so that had purchased the cheaper license first.

My question about this situation was whether some of these bogus sales were being generated by POS terminals at Marsh and Wal-Mart, where clerks may be unaware of regs and are asking customers if they "want the expensive bonus tag, or the cheap one...????"

May not even be a question of "cheating", but rather people trying to figure out the webpage form... youth combo license is another one that's hard to find on the IDNR webpage...

3. I talked with a C.O. this past weekend and he wanted to see my tags/license and when I showed them to him he pointed out that same thing. That I had gotten my tag for 15 and not 24. But, I got my tags at Gander Mountain, not online....

4. MaKe them all one price 2 maybe 3 dollars.....watch the DEER go Down then....Does that is!!!!!

5. I bought mine at Gander Mtn. too. I paid $24.00 for the first one and $15.00 for the second one. The article I read did say the DNR was contacting those individuals to give them an "opportunity to clear up the mistake".

6. I had heard about this on the radio and whoever they (the radio station) was interviewing (someone from the DNR), they said that the bottom line is...it is stealing and that the state would recoup the other $$$.Just because it is a technical glitch, the laws and regulations still say 24 for the first and 15 for the others...

7. Just another NOT very well thought out scheme......Cheaper antlerless tags will lead to additional button buck kills.....but if they are selling the second tag for 15.00, they could sell the first for 15.00.

All one price, is what I say!

8. Will never happen, Camby. Some hunters out there could shock you by doing their Homework.

9. I don't think the tags were cheaper, it was a technical glitch...........Those darn computers screw everything up!!!!!

10. I thought your initial argument was revenue... Now you want to sell all of them for 15 bucks. man im confused

11. No you misunderstood.......

I don't care what they cost, as long as they are all the same price.....What about one 24.00 tag and take two antlerless?....Or a 40.00 tag for two antlerless?

12. How about 1 price only but make that price 19 or 20 dollars.

13. THE NUMBER OF BONUS ANTLERLESS TAGS BOTHERS ME. I`VE NOT DONE ALL THE MATH, BUT IT APPEARS A SINGLE HUNTER COULD, IF HE HAD THE TIME AND RESOURCES KILL, SEVERAL HUNDRED DOES. NOW I KNOW THAT THAT IS AN EXTREME EXAMPLE, BUT POSSIBLE UNDER THE CURRENT SYSTEM. SEEMS LIKE SOME REASONABLE CAP(10?) SHOULD HAVE PUT IN PLACE ON HOW MANY EACH HUNTER IS ALLOWED TO KILL. YOU START GIVING AWAY THIS MUCH LEEWAY AND PEOPLE WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION.

14. I agree BIRCH, so far this year I am seeing 2 bucks to every doe. All that and I have only taken 1 doe on the farm since buying it in 1997. I think some of the doe harvesting gets a little carried away. Now that being said, I have friends that are within 10 miles of me who see 18-20 deer every time out and most are does. Can't explain that. There is some pressure around me, but less or the same as most other people have it in my area. I've kept logs since 1998 and show a antlered to antlerless ratio of 1:1.8-2.0. Hard for me to think about lowering the boom on does.

15. Count me in with the "over Doe'd" crowd. I see 7-8 does for every buck on the area I hunt. All I need is a clear shot, no hessitation to thin them out a bit.