Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new pair of boots before deer season. I want some all rubber boots with a decent amount of insulation. My feet get cold sometimes. I'm hoping to keep it around $100. Hope I'm not opening a can of worms, but what do you guys recommend or dislike?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I like my mucks they are not all rubber, but I have not had that stop me - I had quality issues with my previous Lacrosse boots. They don't make the ones I had issues with anymore so they may have that solved, but I used them for 2 or 3 years prior.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like my mucks a lot. They are durable and comfortable (for rubbers). Quality footwear is more than worth the extra money IMHO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use the under armour boots. I love them. Goose season, deer season, turkey season. I use them all the time have had them for 3 yrs so far no problems. Habe to wear a thicker pair of socks in the winter, but i only have to have one pair of boots

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I shouldn't have said "all rubber". The neoprene uppers like most Mucks have is fine. I just don't want boots with a leather upper.

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
Mucks are great. I have Lacrosse and like them too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bogs are great and they do stand by there product one of the lace eyes broke off and they sent me a brand new pair no questions I like the lace up rubber Bogs but when it gets cold I switch to mucks my feet get cold very easy though

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've been using Lacrosse Aeroheads for 2-3 seasons now and use them quite often just around the property and they are still holding up great. I prefer the fit of them to any other name brand rubber boot I tried. I'd say go try some on and go from there. It's nice if a company stands behind their product, but if it doesn't fit your foot that doesn't help you in the long run.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I bought some Mucks Woody Sports. So many people recommend Mucks. So far they are great. Light, comfortable and my feet have stayed warm even after I got them sweaty and wet. So much better than my previous boots. Thanks for all whom replied.

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
Thanks for the update. I might buy Muck's the next time I need some boots.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I couldn't find Bogs boots anywhere. I definitely wanted to try them on before buying.I eventually got a great on the Muck Woody Sport for $99 from Rural King. I had to order them from their website as none of their store within 100 miles had them in stock. But those boots are about $150 most everywhere else.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe my next pair of boots will be 1600 gram lacrosse alpha burly pro's. I want to go try those on and muck extreme weather boots and see which I like better

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had my Arctic Mucks now for about 10 years and I beat the crap out of them. Still going strong. When in the slop, I wouldn't even consider wearing a different boot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts