Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I hope I am posting this question in the correct forum. I'm looking for a pair of hunting boots to keep my feet warm. I want a versatile pair I can wear both deer hunting and turkey hunting. In other words, I want to keep my feet warm in the fall/winter and cool and comfy in the spring.

I'm looking at a pair of 1200gr Danner's from Cabelas but I'm afraid my feet will ROAST in these boots.

I own a pair of MUCK boots and my feet froze last year...I'd appreciate your input.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not sure of any boot that will keep you warm and cool. Keep the Muck for turkey... and get a new pair for deer.

If you are the type to get cold feet... which I am... I bought the LaCrosse Alphaburly 1,000g 18" Insulated Sport Boots from Gander Mountain and I LOVE them... best purchase of the year last year. However they may be a little too warm for turkey season.

If you need to get a pair to d both, I do know that they make a non-insulated Alphaburly that are very comfortable and will still be cool in spring. You'll just have to keep warm with some nice socks and maybe some powder to soak up sweat during the colder months.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Lacrosse alpha burleys a size too big. Polypropolene sock liners and good wool socks will work keeping yor feet warm. Wear cotton socks for turkey hunting.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5

·
Registered
148 Posts
The best way to keep your feet warm is to keep them dry. I spray mine with antipersperant to help keep them dry,then use wool socks. Also if your boots are too tight your feet will get cold easy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
My feet have never felt too cold with my Muck Woody Elite's and a good pair of loose wool socks. I wear light socks when it's warm and they don't get too hot.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Lacrosse alpha burleys a size too big. Polypropolene sock liners and good wool socks will work keeping yor feet warm. Wear cotton socks for turkey hunting.
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5
There are a lot of combinations that will keep you warm . Like the guys said , " the right weight wool sox , boots not too tight , polypro liners , stay dry , etc. .

I was always a felt pac fan for staying warm , however ; LaCrosse Alpha Burley boots completely changed my mind about rubber boots ! One of the most comfortable boots I've ever worn . Warm , versitile and good gripping soles .

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the Muck Woody Elites and last year during muzzleloader and late archery when it was very cold with lots of snow, my feet were as toasty as ruttin buck in Florida.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have the Muck Woody Elites and last year during muzzleloader and late archery when it was very cold with lots of snow, my feet were as toasty as ruttin buck in Florida.
I will second this, best boot I have ever owned hands down. Going on my fifth hunting season on my Woody elites and despite some wearing off of the camo they are as good as day 1, never had a leak and I wear them for everything.
Kratz

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I will second this, best boot I have ever owned hands down. Going on my fifth hunting season on my Woody elites and despite some wearing off of the camo they are as good as day 1, never had a leak and I wear them for everything.
Kratz
I'm sure they're great boots , but you'd think they could have come up with a better name for them !:coco:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wear Rocky Upland Waterproof Outdoor Boot and Its rubber sole is strong, durable, and makes a better grip on the ground. Its tread pattern on the sole provides resistance with the floor while keeping you still and firm. That’s why you can use them over wet surfaces and during heavy rain and snow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts