close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Both eyes open or one closed

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by chip, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Due you use both eyes or close one while aiming? I use both eyes real nice during low light.

2. I use one eye, my right eye. My little bro is left handed shoots right handed and uses both eyes to aim with:coco: , but he sure does hit what he is aiming at.

3. I believe you have got to use both eyes with any weapon of choice...can you see better with 1 eye open or 2?

4. I close the left eye, right eye open. I shoot that way with bow and gun.

5. I shoot gun and bow with both eyes open.

Ed

6. I SHOOT RIGHT HANDED, CLOSING MY LEFT EYE FOR BOW AND GUN. FUNNY THING IS THAT I AM LEFT EYE DOMINATE. I SHOULD BE SHOOTING LEFT HANDED, BUT JUST NOT PHYSICALLY CO-ORDINATED ENOUGH.

7. I just found out a few months ago the exact same thing. I'm right handed, bat right handed, throw right handed, everthing....so naturally when I picked up a bow/gun several years ago, I shot right handed....

Did the ole' "dominant eye test" and I'm left eye dominant!!! :dizzy:

Too late now to change in my book....and I can't even begin to imagine pulling a bow back left handed! :bonk:

I can still put meat in the freezer every year so I'll leave well enough alone! :evil:

8. You can do one, or two depending on the individual. But, if you're used to doing it one way, don't try to change now. Also, a lot of it depends on if you're using a peep or not. I'm right eye dominant and shoot with the left eye closed, but when I shoot with both eyes open it seems that you can "guide" the arrow to the target better. What I've noticed is that if I shoot with two eyes open that the right eye will have less focus overall. For now I got to stick with the one eye open......

Cyclops doesn't have this problem.....

9. Both eyes closed for me...

10. one eye open

I'm right-handed and left eye dominant, also. I seems I read somewhere that 80% of the world's elite athletes have the dominant eye opposite the prevalent side of use (arm, hand). Anyhow, I shoot gun and bow with left eye closed, except for handguns which I shoot both eyes open. The opposite dominant eye thing has allowed me play decent baseball and golf, I believe, not sure.

11. I must be part of the 20% half-a$$ed athletes.

1991 3rd team all defensive player of the year baby! :cool:

12. Yes, J.L, I seem to have my best luck at everything when both my eyes are closed too.

13. i now shoot with both eyes open, seemed like my grouping got tighter. thought i'd try it and it worked better for me.

14. Im ambidextrious, i shoot my bow with my left eye closed right eye open, but i shoot a gun right eye closed left eye open, but im not worried because i shoot with both great so i just had to get used to switching eyes between seasons or just using my bow. both eyes open on my bow though seems that i cant focus on my target as good as i can with my one eye open.

15. shoot with trick mirrors over my shoulder one eye out :coolgleam